Thursday, March 28, 2024

Project progress

Dh ended up almost getting that first section of the tongue and groove ceiling finished up yesterday. He just has to install the recessed shop light now. This space will have one light, so hey - one box of the lights will be gone (these are 4' LED shop lights). The whole project took him all day and then some, but he was just too tired and didn't want to mess with the light until he got some rest.

We see DAN relisted his house again, now on his 3rd realtor, same price. We can't figure out how they were able to have his last listing (of just over 6 months) removed from Zillow's listing history. Interesting. But, realtor.com stills shows all the listing history and pricing, as accurate.

As I've mentioned dh isn't a hoarder to this extreme in the house, at all. He will hold on to a few things, but overall it's not an issue. Occasionally I will try to throw out something (that isn't even his/something he uses) and he will instantly go into hoarder mode. Or if I'm getting rid of things, he has to go through them to "make sure" and almost always will have some reason I should keep something. I stopped playing along with that a long time ago and I just get rid of things without him even realizing it. It can be something as stupid as a cheap florist vase or an old cheese shredder. He does have one (large) bin of some old clothes up on his closet shelf. He got it down the other day to look for something. He used to wear Levi 501 jeans. Hasn't worn that type in years, let alone they don't fit anymore, yet he has to keep this 4 or 5 pair for some reason. I think the other half of the bin is summer clothes. When we finished up our closets, we added nice dressers and his is larger, due to having more room to put it in his side. I'm going to take a look to see if he ever even filled his drawers up. It's very likely he did not and the clothing in this big bin could to into a few drawers and get rid of the big ugly bin (those black ones with the yellow lid) out of his closet.

He filled up our garbage can with taking apart the old dryer, but the garbage truck comes this morning and then we will have room again, where I can finish filling up my bag of stuff I keep finding to get rid of.  He does still have to cut up the dryer drum, so the pieces will fit into the can........but not before he was trying to figure out some other use for it! 

I submitted my tax returns on Monday and wow - I just looked at my state "where's my refund?" and it was processed the next day. So, it should be in my bank account soon. Nice. It's all going right to what I owe the IRS, but at least the funds will be here before my payment to the IRS is due on 4/15. Still nothing new on my mom's tax return. I mailed that form for that almost 2 weeks ago.

5 comments:

  1. I see 501s selling on eBay. Maybe he can plant things in the dryer bin. I have a tendency to want to save things. But, then I look at box or bag and throw all but maybe one thing into trash.
    DAN must be driving the realtors crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the entire washer to a scrap metal dump place and get money for it. Don't spend time cutting it up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closest one would be 50 miles away and dh also said scrap metal isn't paying much right now (?)

      Delete
  3. Dealing with hoarding can be very difficult - my partners mother has a hoarding house (equal or worse to what you see on shows) and we know when she passes the house will need to be condemned/torn down. It’s sad because my partner has pictures and items he wishes were able to be saved but they simply cannot be. It’s tough to deal with hoarding because it often comes from trauma or mental blocks, and is very hard to work through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is sad watching those shows and then the eventual clean up/tear down, like you say, that gets left to someone to take care of. I do think part of it becomes a mental block that they don't even really see the stuff around them anymore. I think our old neighbor was likely a hoarder. He said his mom was and while we never saw inside his home (he had a big shop with living quarters upstairs) the shop part was filled with stuff stacked upon stuff. UPS would come almost daily.

      Delete