Friday, March 29, 2024

Friday is here

Dh got the light installed and was done my mid morning. It all turned out nice and hopefully that has motivated him to get started on the next section sometime in the near future.

Later yesterday afternoon he decided with the bit of boards he had left he would get started on the other corner. Then this morning he would go back to the lumber store and get the rest of the supplies to do this next corner. Now that he knows a "section" takes a day, I think he seems motivated that that is easy to get done and make some progress. If nothing else, the ceiling and lighting gets done and 9 boxes of lights get out of the way. This morning he got up and said he doesn't feel like going to the lumber store/working on it today. Mostly because it's wet/rainy out and he doesn't want to get the lumber wet in the back of the truck.

My state tax refund showed up in my account this morning. I had a chuckle to myself about my mom's federal tax return/refund. Because if she had OWED money, after dying, I (or someone) sure would have been required to get her return filed on time AND paid it on time.

I also got the email for my $40 Costco Shop card. I printed that out and put it in my purse, with the email for signing up for membership.

I'm glad it's Friday. This afternoon I have a company quarterly meeting to "attend" via Teams. It's supposed to last 2 hours....ugh, LOL. We have quite a few that attend via Teams, who don't work in the office. The meeting is held in one of the office meeting rooms and those that attend virtually are at first on the screen on the wall (until they start showing slides). Some show their camera/live, other's just their name. I usually just do my name. I find it annoying to just see people (or myself!) sitting there watching for 2 hours, LOL. But, one of the exec. mgr's recently sent out some email about if you are in a teams meeting you need to have your camera on. Fine. Whatever. ;)

 

2 comments:

  1. The ceiling looks great. I imagine that the lights will make it easier to work and find what he needs.
    I don't blame him for not going in the rain and getting wood wet!
    Sitting and watching other people sitting would not be fun for me. But, if the boss said so....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Linda's comment :)

    ReplyDelete