Monday, March 11, 2024

Muffins, relaxing and praying

Yesterday was a very low-key day. On purpose. I was super tired, but I guess I did lose an hours sleep on Saturday night. This morning I woke up at 7:10, but that was pretty much only because Amos was tapping my arm ;) He apparently knows what time it is. As long as I'm up by 8am (my work start time) I'm good, but I like to get up by 7, to have some time for coffee and time to myself to email or start a blog post.

It's been raining since last night. The extended weather report shows next weekend at almost 60 degrees. That will be nice.

I did get some downstairs cleaning done yesterday. I used the mop broom on all the hard flooring and vacuumed the carpet areas. In the later afternoon I made the chocolate/peanut butter/banana muffins dd had made recently. They are good. A little "heavy", if that makes sense, but good flavor. I doubt dh will even try them, so since it made a dozen, I think I'll try freezing half. Right after those got out of the oven, it was time to put the salmon in for dinner, so the oven was already heated to the right temperature.

I started reading the latest Jack Reacher book (e-book borrowed from the library) but I haven't gotten too far into it yet. I also haven't resumed watching Bosch, after getting started on the latest season, last week.  

Mostly, I've been worried about an email friend (former blogger) who had to go into the hospital on Friday. I'm praying she is ok and getting better.

6 comments:

  1. Sending love and healing to your friend, I hope she is ok too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so invested in the blogs, I know a lot of friendships have formed and it is touching to see.

      Delete
  2. I do hope your friend is better. Those brownies sound delicious. Tommy would not eat them, either. But, can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a muffin recipe, but the batter sure reminded me of brownies. Here's the link: https://letsdishrecipes.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-muffins/?fbclid=IwAR0XrnP6t6QXfF-RlsLtF9ED1Zil4afwbHHuIpkEHDRC7juJ8VKSQJQGE4Y

      Delete
  3. I hope your friend will be ok. You obviously are worried about her. 🙏
    That muffin recipe sounds delicious & dangerous:)

    ReplyDelete