Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve

I didn't post yesterday, so I guess I have 2 days to get caught up on. Though nothing much to report for Friday's activities. It was payday, so I paid some bills and did some budgeting. 

I did figure out what to use my $20 Kohl's cash on. I decided on a set of glass food storage containers and an olive oil glass dispenser. Ok, so both were more than $20, of course, but the glass food storage set was $40, after my $20 off. I didn't want to spend $9 in shipping when I could just spend $9 more on something else in my cart and get free shipping. I then found a 15% off code, as well. I used some of my Visa gift card I received from my boss, to pay for the order.

Our game camera out in the front has been showing a group of 5-6 deer in our front yard, every night, pretty much all night. We realized they were actually showing up around 5 or 5:30, just before it gets dark and hanging around most of the night. Last night I looked outside around 5:15 and there were 5 out there. Amos was making a fuss to go outside which is why I went to the door and looked out and then saw them. I'm sure that's why he wanted to go out. I didn't let him out and he was not happy about it, LOL. Here are 4 of them the camera caught

Yesterday after lunch we decided to go over to the used bookstore in the next town. Cute place in a very old house, just stuffed with books and the owner is always so nice to talk to. I ended up finding 5 books for a total of $19. I still have cash in my wallet that has been there since last Memorial day weekend, LOL. I had taken it out for the flea market and never spent it. Gradually since then, I have used the cash some, but still had half of the money in my wallet. It's funny, 3 of the fiction author's I was looking for books of, I couldn't not find any. When you walk inside there are rows of books to the left and right. To the left is fiction, to the right is non fiction. The 3 authors last name all start with C. I looked through the C's twice and was kind of surprised because 2 of them have written a lot of books. As I had my 4 books and going up to pay, dh had been chatting with her the whole time and she went to help someone for a minute and when I got to him he said we needed to get going, he needed to go to the bathroom. So, when she came back I paid and he kept talking to her...and talking some more. So, I just wandered up towards the door and glanced towards the row on the non-fiction side that is along the front window and see a book by one of my "C" authors. Then I turn and look down the row some and there are a whole bunch of "C" fiction books. I never realized there was some separated out in that side! I grabbed one I wanted and paid and we left, but if I had seen all those books before, I would have likely bought some. I was just trying to then hurry out because of dh......when he was the one taking his time, LOL.

In going through some books at home, getting them ready to put in the bookshelves, when they get here, realized I somehow have 2 of the same book, in a series. DD has just started reading the series (I got her the first 4 for her birthday) and this is book 5, so I asked her if she wants it and she does.

DD and SIL are on their way over there this morning. I haven't messaged her yet to see what time they left, as she usually drives the first half and then when they switch, she will message me. Tonight we get to feast on Alaska King Crab legs! We will also exchange our Christmas gifts with them.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder what Amos would have done if he was let out. Try to catch one?

    Are you saying they had the book in the wrong section? I love big, old houses turned into book stores. There was one I loved. But, they had several cats inside and the place was filled with cat hair. Plus, the owners smoked but only went outside to smoke if there were customers. Since those are two of my worst allergies. I rarely went in and only for a few minutes.
    It sounds like you have a nice evening planned. Enjoy the feast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently she has so much non-fiction with C authors that the one's with lots of books are in a different area than all the other alphabetized fiction books. I didn't realize there was another row next to the non-fiction that had all these other fiction books.

      Delete
    2. an "overflow" row of fiction books in a different row, I guess you could say.

      Delete
  2. A used book store has to be my idea of heaven. Even better if it has a coffee shop and armchairs! You lucked out. Happy 2024 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete