Saturday, December 16, 2023

The overnight guests

Our friends arrived around 4:30 Friday afternoon and left about 2:30 this afternoon. You wouldn't think that would be too tiring, but it is, LOL. I had spent the 2 1/2 hours before they got here making cookies. The shortbread cookies turned out great - the rosettes not so much. For some reason they weren't crispy/flakey, not sure how to describe. I don't seem to be having much luck in the cookie making department this year. I'm not holding out hope for my sugar cookies, that I usually make, either. I guess tomorrow will tell.

For dinner I made chicken enchiladas, along with some refried beans and a salad. I was going to buy some ranch dressing (I realized the bottle I had in my fridge had long expired) and then remembered I have some packets of Hidden Valley ranch, so with added milk and mayo, I had dressing.

It's very tiring for me to stay up late and I didn't go to bed until 12:30 and even going to bed later doesn't let me sleep in, other than I got up about a half hour later than normal. So, I was up at 7:30 and dh got up, too....not really knowing what time our guests would get up. Well, they slept in (plus it was an hour earlier for their body clocks) until like 9:45. I'm glad I didn't plan anything special for breakfast. I was hungry by 9, so I just ate, and I knew dh couldn't get up at 7:30 and not eat soon, so I made his normal egg sandwich.

Around 3pm I took a nap for a little over an hour. I'm still feeling tired. Feeling like maybe I've had too much sugar lately. Friend had made and brought a delicious bundt cake, so I had that last evening, too. I think for dinner for us tonight I'll make dh a burger with some leftover salad and I'll just have a salad.

The (replica) library card catalog cabinet arrived while I was napping. Now dh is napping, so I haven't seen it yet.

The bookcases shipped out on Friday, so should be here mid/late next week. I did call about the pool table...they still don't have an answer from the installer - he said they were still waiting to hear back on when he would want to install it, so they can arrange the delivery date to him. So, then I asked did he tell you how much extra the "remote fee" is going to be? No..he hasn't given us that yet either...he's kind of been him-hawing, but should get an answer from the installer on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Even the best company is tiring just because it is not on your schedule and there is always something extra to do.
    I cannot wait to see your card catalog and the pool table.
    Maybe the humidity is effecting your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true because even dd and sil, who are the best company can be a little tiring. The library card catalog cabinet is really cute!

      Delete