Thursday, December 28, 2023

Just doing this and that

I'm liking this not working a little too much, haha. Well, at least I know when I finally am able to retire, I will enjoy it and not be like Mrs. Neighbor, LOL.  

I got my Walmart order placed online yesterday for pick up between noon and 1pm today. I just put my bonus check in my purse now, to make sure I don't forget to take it with me! I could just see myself leaving it on my desk.

For dinner last night I made chicken quesadillas. With the fresh pico de gallo and a little pepper jack cheese mixed in with the other cheese, they are really good. And easy. I like easy.

I did a little math on my mom's expenses and the $82/mo increase in her social security. Her rent is going up $264 a month, but not until March. I chose a different medicare advantage plan and starting January that will go down $96/mo. So, overall for the whole year her expenses are going up a total of $504, which isn't bad at all. That's of course, not taking into the fact that the m/c could up her care level at any time, if they see fit. I also have a feeling that sometime in the coming months I will be removing the phone from her room, which will save another $20 a month. I'm also going to be doing her tax return asap, as since she's now in m/c, those costs are considered deductible as medical expenses. When she take withdrawals from her IRA, she is taxed at 15% federal and 7% state, so she should have a huge refund coming. It should be enough to cover 2 months of m/c expenses. 

It's also nice to see her retirement funds going back up, with the recent stock market increases. I had to take out over $90k this year to cover her expenses and guess what?...............(I know, I know - I sound like a broken record!) She still has the SAME amount money in her retirement account as she did 4 years ago, when step brother told me she only had 8-10 years of money left.

2 comments:

  1. Like the computer and the checkbook, the telephone will soon become irrelevant to her?
    This is the stepbrother that was holding money for her?
    I am so glad you are in charge of her money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Linda said, I'm so glad your mom has you there watching over this stuff. Apart from the fact that she may or may not be liable to be taken advantage of, someone needs to be on top of her affairs in order to ensure her best interests!

    ReplyDelete