Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Enjoying the week off

Yesterday was kind of nice to be done with Christmas and not have to really do much of anything. I just did a few loads of laundry, but I still need to put the clean sheets (and new duvet cover) back on the guest bed. I have a feeling with the pretty flat comforter I have to go inside it, it's not going to look anything like the online photo, LOL.

I read that for these photo's they put in like 2 or 3 duvets inside the cover and I'm sure this is probably a king sized used on a queen to make it look like it hangs down to the floor. I have never in my life got bedding to look like a photo - ever. haha.

Dinner was heated up turkey dinner leftovers. I sure do love that "sensor reheat" button I discovered on my microwave. Comes out perfect and you don't even have to put in a time amount. It just knows.

I got a huge box delivered yesterday from my boss. Inside was 3 of the Christmas decor items from a couple of our mfg's, a gingerbread man tin of candies and a $100 Visa gift card, along with my bonus check. I don't know yet, what I am going to buy with the gift card. 

Ok, I got the bed made with the new duvet cover. I like it, but ya, looks nothing like the one in the photo ;)  Amos is walking in to give his opinion


I placed a Walmart grocery pick up order for tomorrow at noon. I didn't realize the last time we did that was Dec 5th. Man this month has gone fast. I had picked up some grocery items from our store in town and once from the grocery store in the city, so that is why we could go so long in between Walmart orders. It just doesn't seem like it was 3 weeks ago that we were there to pick up an order. I also need to deposit my bonus check at my bank while we are there. I can't deposit it with my phone/mobile, due to their dollar limit of checks. Annoying! If we weren't planning to go into the city soon, I would have just mailed the check out in today's mail, to the bank.

2 comments:

  1. Amos is just hoping one door gets left open so he can nap on all new beds - for quality assurance purposes only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer the look of your bed. That picture is made to look over-the-top sumptuous, sort of like curtains puddling. My bed made like that would just encourage the heavy duvet to slide right off the bed. I buy sheets, blankets, all bed things one bed size too large. I buy them larger for comfort, not for looks. It looks like an Auburn fan will sleep in that bed.

      Delete