Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Crabby and annoyed

Oooh, I am on high annoyance mode today. 

First off my much anticipated bookcases are lost! They were supposed to deliver yesterday. For some reason I thought it was FedEx delivering and by dinner they hadn't shown up. Then I see that I got an email from Walmart that they were delivered via UPS at 1:45pm. No....they were not. Plus our UPS guy had been here at 11:45am. This is the delivery proof on the tracking# for my order

Definitely not my house/property. Plus, the tracking# says the package is .3 pounds. Huh? Each bookcase weighs 96 pounds and I ordered 4. Not sure if they would ship in 4 boxes or what, but if one box, it would weigh almost 400 pounds. Does this picture look like 4 bookcases are there?

I can't do anything with UPS because I'm not the shipper. UPS won't even give the address that this tracking# has on it. I'm wondering if the shipper attached the wrong tracking number to my order. I contacted Walmart, who says to wait 48 hours and see if it shows up. No, I'm not waiting 48 hours. It obviously didn't go here, to me. So, then they said they put in a message to the seller (3rd party Walmart seller) about it and I should hear back in 48 hours...I also tried clicking on "contact seller" via Walmart but it just keeps saying "technical difficulties". Another thing is that I have a UPS account and can see all deliveries coming to my address and there is nothing coming with bookcases, and that tracking# they attached to my order does not show up in my UPS deliveries for my address. Just very annoyed and frustrated as they cost almost $1000 and are either lost or never got shipped.

UPS did deliver some tennis shoes I ordered from Kohl's. In a size 6ww. What?! I ordered a size 7N. When you click on the shoe w/Kohl's the default page opens up to narrow sizes. There is no way I clicked on Wide and then size 6....but apparently I did! That's what it showed I ordeAnd to return them I have to pay shipping, which will likely cost almost as much as the shoes did! I'm so annoyed. I will just have to go out of my way and go to Kohl's in the city and return them to the store. But, I can't get the shoes there and to re-order with Kohls, I won't get the same price, as I had a 40% off coupon. 

And still no update from the company I ordered the pool table from.

Then this morning, I'm working on sending out statements to customers with past due invoices. I am also attaching the invoice to the email, because I know 90% of them will reply back with "can you send me the invoice?". I get a reply from one guy "what is this for?" Sigh.......it's for the invoice I attached with YOUR PO#. Here it is again and I'm also attaching YOUR PO for you.......Look up your own damn PO!

I just met Mrs. Neighbor at the fence to give them the Christmas cookies I made. So, one more thing off my to-do list.

Going to the post office, instead of using UPS, saved about $35 yesterday. Plus I stopped at the grocery store again and got a couple gallons of milk. Now, we should be able to make it until next week, after Christmas, to do another Walmart pickup. Plus I'll be off work and it will be easier to go in and not be trying to work around my work schedule. We do plan to go in and see my mom on Christmas Eve, but I don't really want to pick up groceries on that day. 

Our small town post office is so much nicer to mail packages then when I lived in the big city life. I told dh that trip to mail 2 packages at our post office where we lived for 27 years would have been at least 30 minutes waiting in a very long line. Just finding parking was hard. This post office has one clerk and when I walked in, someone was just paying and I was next. I think I was in there all of about 2 or 3 minutes. At least now my packages are mailed, as well as the Christmas cards (I don't send out too many, less than 10, is all.

Our retired friend from, from town, stopped by yesterday as well. His black lab puppy sure is growing and a sweet girl. 8 months old already. I gave him some cookies to take. 

I'm so bummed about the bookcases.

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your delivery. That is just a horrible picture, and the thing is the person who DID receive it, probably won't go through the trouble to return it to UPS somehow or wherever so you can get your stuff. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the package/tracking# wasn't my package, as I figured, but somehow got attached to my order

      Delete
  2. Walmart 3rd party sellers are the worst. Walmart will hopefully take responsibility. Ugh
    Remember to breathe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first problem I've had with a Walmart 3rd party seller

      Delete
  3. Well, dangit. I'm so sorry about the bookcases and the shoes! Ugh! I hope everything gets worked out soon. I hate that Walmart has allowed third party sellers on its website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon uses tons of 3rd party sellers, so I don't mind that Walmart does. But, I sometimes wish, when I'm looking up something online with Walmart, it would be more apparent that it's a 3rd party seller. Something as normal as a box of granola bar can be through a 3rd party seller (at a much higher price!) and not easy to determine on WM's website.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I am annoyed and crabby for you. I explained it all to Tommy, too. I know you will stay on Kohl's until you at least get back the ability to use the coupon on the shoes. When ordering is easy, it is easy. But, when it all goes sideways, it is such a pain.

    Someone is probably rejoicing at their new bookcases. And, you were so excited. I hate it for you.

    Thankfully, I am expecting only one item, my three reindeer. And, I have sent nothing.

    Can we see a picture of your decorations outdoors? I forgot what they look like...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there is no way to use that 40% off coupon again. The store, itself, doesn't have that shoe in stock, so I can't just take them in and do an even exchange. It's now worth the hassle to try to get them to give me 40% off a new online order.

      Delete
  5. That really stinks! I made the mistake of ordering something from a Facebook ad. It showed shipping information, but honestly, I think they just added something every few days to make me think it was on the way. When it said "delivered" - it had not been. I contacted them and they said they could refund me something like 30%. No, I didn't get the stuff, I want ALL my money. They offered to ship again. Same story, updates every few days of movement, then a "delivered" message. Still nothing. I counted that as a stupid tax for myself and moved on.

    I know the situation is not funny, but there's a meme going around Facebook saying, "I don't know who needs to hear this, but stop tracking that package, it's in God's hands now." I sure hope you get a good resolution for all this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dh just did the same thing with a Facebook ad :( So, we're out the money, unfortunately. Then the guy tried to get more out of dh....ha! Dh told him hell no

      Delete