Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Troublefree Tuesday (so far)

So far so good with dh using the different web browser. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I was looking this morning how to clear his Firefox cache and when I went to settings to try this, it's all greyed out and won't let me. The only thing I can find online about that is that private browsing mode is set on, but it is not, so I have no idea why it's greyed out, but could also be an indication of one of the reasons why the browser has not been working well for him lately. I have a feeling it just needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled, but going to let him keep using Edge and if he's ok with that and it's working fine, I'm not going to bother taking the time to try to fix Firefox. The phone company tech advisor hasn't called me yet, but I'm going to leave the ticket open at least for today and make sure he's still not having issues.

I hadn't made the ham and swiss sliders for dinner in awhile, so that is what I made for dinner yesterday. But, this time I had purchased the Hawaiian rolls from the Walmart bakery, rather than the prepackaged King's Hawaiian rolls. A price difference of $3.24 to $4.68. A 30% savings. And the store bakery rolls tasted much better. And I put on ham and turkey lunch meat, this time. These tasted so good, I'm going to put this meal back in the rotation. As soon as I can get more of the rolls! haha. There are 3 rolls left, perfect for lunch or a snack today for one of us.

I was wide awake at 6am. Finally got up at 6:30. I hate trying to adjust the old body.

I didn't end up messaging my side job boss about the log in issue yesterday as I was already waiting for a call from my internet provider's tech support and didn't want to also be waiting for a call from their IT support. My luck has it that they would be trying to contact me at the same time. So, once it's around 9am her time, I'm going to text her to find out when we can get this resolved. 

I just texted her and as I figured, she totally forgot about it. She needs to put in a ticket with their IT. Hopefully she will get that done today. I don't know why she just didn't do that first thing last week, when I told her about it.

I was watching a video on "hacking" a store bought red velvet cake mix and then watched a couple other videos by the same lady. I liked her hack of taking a store bought can of frosting and whipping it with a hand mixer and it like doubles the volume of it. I'm going to try that next time. When I frost a cake with the can frosting I always feel like there isn't quite enough, but a whole extra can isn't needed.

Ok, the day is getting away from me and I've yet to finish this post. So, I guess this is it for today.

5 comments:

  1. Honestly, if you are going to beat canned frosting, you may as well make your own. The work of frosting (to me) is getting out the mixer. Here are my two standards:
    Cream cheese frosting: One 8 oz. pack of cream cheese, room temperature, 1/2 cup (one stick) butter room temperature, 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat together. Slowly beat in 3 - 4 cups confectioners sugar and beat until desired consistency and taste is achieved.
    Buttercream frosting: 1 cup softened butter beat with 2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 - 3 tablespoons milk, and 3 -4 cups confectioners sugar beat in until the desired taste/consistency is achieved. (I always seem to add more milk/less sugar.)
    Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does seem easy and I will likely do that, but since I have a couple of cans of frosting to use up next time I make a cake, I'll get them used up first :)

      Delete
  2. I read that canned frosting was meant to be beaten to make it easier to spread and increase the volume. I never knew that. Now, the cans of frosting are larger and it says "whipped" on the front. I looked at cans at the store, and it is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that either. Why couldn't they have just put that as directions on the cans? LOL

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...I think the canned frosting would taste a lot better whipped. Sounds like a simple solution. I LOVE red velvet cake. Yum0:)

    ReplyDelete