Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Mom's turn

Well, Covid finally caught up with my mom. The m/c called me after dinner and said she tested positive for Covid, but so far is doing fine. No fever and she had eaten all her dinner. Hopefully it will be a mild case. I will give the nurses station a call later this morning, after they have breakfast, to see how she's doing. It really is kind of a helpless feeling for me, but I'm glad she's where she is and will be cared for 24/7 and that she never got it while she was living in independent living, that's for sure. 

Not much else new. DH got all the fence lights up and the manger scene. We have a big battery operated light for it he hangs in the tree branch above it. Seems to light well and the battery lasts. I think it's a rechargeable kind. Today he will do the inflatables. The hard part of the manger (and will be same for the inflatables) is the ground is pretty frozen now and hard to pound the stakes in. LOL. 

I signed up for Hulu (with ads) yesterday on their special they were having for .99/mo for a year. Plus I get $1 back with Rakuten, so $11 bucks for a whole year. There are a lot of old series/sitcoms on there. Last night I started watch the Mary Tyler Moore show. We always watched that growing up and was one of my parents favorite, along with The Bob Newhart show. (I see that show is available to watch on Prime, so I will have to watch that, as well). Now I've had the Mary Tyler Moore theme song playing in my head, LOL. 

I checked on our passports status. DH's (a renewal) has been processed and his passport is being printed. Mine just says still in process.

Here's another weird thing I can't figure out. I just ordered that Christmas tree from Kohls. For payment I chose Paypal and then used a Visa CC I have as my default payment. When I look at the order history, to see that it has now shipped, the order shows my payment method as Discover with the last 4 digits of a card#. I do not have a Discover card, nor is that the last 4 digits of the Visa card I did use. And now that the order is complete/shipped, it's not showing as charged yet on my card. You'd think it would at least be showing as pending. Did someone else just pay for my tree?! LOL. I'm sure it will show up on my card, but for now sure looks strange. I just googled it and apparently Paypal is part of the Discover network, so that's likely why it's looking that way, but still odd that the charge hasn't posted to my card yet.

I just called the nurses desk at m/c and mom is still doing ok. She said she just had breakfast and is now out walking around the place a bit. Said she is still a little tired, but better and I guess she had a bit of a raspy voice for a day or two, but that is gone. Hoping this end up being a mild case for her.

8 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hope your mama is ok. You guys were just there too so hopefully you don't get it :( I didn't watch Mary Tyler Moore BUT I love the first few episodes of Rhoda (I love Rhoda and Joe - her husband/ex husband)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no. The dreaded nursing home Covid! My dad tested positive last Saturday. He is 90. My mother who is 86 got it and hers was and still is very bad. They both vaccinated in Sept . And my husband vaccinated 3 times since Covid break out and he has it horribly. The only symptom we can see that he didn't get was the nausea. But every other one so far. I am waiting patiently for me to get it next! Only vaxxed two times more than a year and a half ago. We shall see! I hope your mom stays on the mild side of covid. The NH's seem to have a grip on it.
    Best of l luck !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your mother has a mild case. And, it is a good thing to know she receives 24 hour care. Still, it must worry you.
    Prime comes with Hulu, doesn't it? It did if it does not now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prime doesn't come with Hulu as far as I've ever known. They are 2 separate streaming services. At least my Prime Video doesn't have Hulu

      Delete
  4. I hope mom only has a mild version of covid, but you're right, she very well placed where she is. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking again, while I was making my cup of coffee this morning, how glad I am she didn't get it where she was living before.

      Delete