Friday, August 25, 2023

Woo hoo Friday!

I went to town yesterday during my lunch break to get milk and a few things from the store. It was really quiet in town. The grocery store parking lot is usually pretty full, but hardly any cars. I also picked up some ground beef and chicken breasts, bananas and tortilla chips. The ground beef I used for dinner last night to make dh some nachos. The night before, when I was trying to figure out what to make, I ended up making pancakes and bacon. I had a little bit of bacon in the freezer, so that got used up. I always make my pancakes from scratch and they are so good (have melted butter and vanilla in the mix) and fluffy. Tonight and tomorrow I used the chicken for dinner and then Sunday we'll be stocked back up with food.

I had started my pick up order with walmart online and was going to add vanilla ice cream. They seem to be totally out of stock on ice cream. Weird. I usually just buy the great value vanilla bean 48oz that is only $2.67. I looked at the ice cream at our little town store. OMG! No way was I paying $8 or $9 for some ice cream! A lot of their prices are really ridiculous, which is why I don't shop there too much.

On my way to town I pass by our little county airport and there was this huge helicopter sitting there. I've never seen one that large and it looked like a gigantic mechanical bug LOL. I told dh about it when I got home and he said that's a Sikorsky. So, then last night he wanted to drive by and see it, so we took a little drive. It's a Sikorsky Skycrane, for the fire fighting management. Here's a picture I found online and yep, it really does look like a big bug

Welp - it's Friday again already! The weeks are still going by really fast. I am looking forward to the next weekend, Labor Day, as I'm also taking an additional 2 days off after Labor Day. Plus I think next Friday, because it's a holiday weekend, our office is closing at noon. 

Thankfully we don't have plans this weekend.......we almost did yesterday, LOL. These new friends who've come over a few times in the past 2 months, well she texted me yesterday that she had thought her dh made plans for them to come over this weekend, again...but then when she asked him yesterday he said he never talked to my dh, LOL. So, I think she was kind of trying to feel me out about coming over. I just said oh, I don't think my dh knew anything about that! But, we are busy Sunday as we have to go see my mom and do errands while in the city. Kinda hoping that would be that for now and then she said well maybe we can just come over for the day Saturday. I said my dh would try to call her dh and they did end up talking later yesterday afternoon. It sounds like she had been the one trying to get him to come over again and he wasn't really feeling like doing anything/spending the gas money, etc, so they are not coming. 

I hate to be rude, and while they are super nice people, dh and I just aren't ones that want company and want to entertain every 2-3 weeks! Like every couple of months or so would be fine. And we don't much like making plans too far in advance because we never really know how dh is going to feel from one day to the next. Dh kind of told him that on the phone yesterday about how it's hard for us to plan ahead much and that we usually just see how he (and even me sometimes) is feeling and usually decide to do stuff maybe a day or two in advance. Like, just me planning us to go see my mom, go to Cabela's and then pick up groceries (and likely stop to get fast food), I will let him know a couple days in advance, because then he can sorta try to take it easy at least the day before. For example, if he spent half the day outside doing yardwork/mowing on Saturday, it would be very unlikely he'd feel like doing all that on Sunday.

 


7 comments:

  1. Frankly, I'm not one for entertaining or socializing much either. I enjoy my friends, and we have fun when we get together, but I need time afterwards to recharge. I prefer to be in my own home in my own company (and my DH/kids.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have health issues that limits me and what I do. Always questioning how long the walk is, how is the walking , on grass, gravel or paved and how long the event. It's sad because I'm in my late 50's but it's our life. And we also are not big socializers. You can come to visit but expect to leave with in 2 hours! Terrible but it's our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me, I can socialize 2-3 hours and then I'm done. My introvert self needs to recharge her batteries.

      Delete
  3. Pancakes sound delicious. Will you share your recipe? I asked Tommy if he had heard of the Sikorsky and he had, described it and its use while I was trying to embiggen the photo. That is huge and does look like a bug.
    Now, the friends probably think you are rebuffing them...lol. But, you were and for good reason. I don't blame you. I would be the same way. Now, you will have to make the first move to assure you really want them. I would have to pace myself a few days before a visit like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely invite them again, but pretty sure I can go a couple months in between, haha.

      My dh doesn't even really like pancakes much, but he loves these ones
      The pancake recipe:
      1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
      3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
      1 tablespoon white sugar
      1 teaspoon salt
      1 ¼ cups milk
      3 tablespoons butter, melted
      1 tsp. vanilla
      1 egg
      Mix dry ingredients together and then add milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla.

      Delete
  4. Sikorsky Aircraft is located in Stratford, Connecticut - I drive by it often.

    ReplyDelete