Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Christmas stuff

I don't think I mentioned that I did place an order with Temu last week, so we'll see how it goes. I used a credit card that I never use anymore. In fact I just got a notification in the mail that if I don't use it within so many weeks, they are going to close it, haha.

I mostly bought Christmas things, but I did buy a purse for 1.85, haha! Wonder how it will be?? the reviews were good. It was apparently that price for first time purchasers, I'm not quite sure how it all works. Also, for myself I ordered these 2 long banners that look like Christmas nutcracker soldiers. I've been kind of wanting real ones, but these will be much better, roll up and store with hardly any space taken up and can hang on each side of our patio, on the posts. I ordered a cute Christmas sign for my friend, who like Christmas 365 days of the year, that says "there once was a girl who loved Christmas, it was me. The end". I also ordered 2 sets of lego type kit to make a Christmas train. Says it has 260 pcs (tiny pieces, I'm sure). This will be for dh and his buddy in Texas. This year's Christmas challenge, haha. Last year his wife mailed up a gingerbread house kit with "competition rules" and the guys had fun with it. Figured it was my turn this year, so I figured they'd have fun doing lego's. I just need to figure out some "rules" for the competition. No clue yet what. I'll show the kits to dh when they arrive and see if he has any idea.

DD was at Costco last week and messaged me a picture of a puzzle related to Ft. Worth, so I told her to pick it up and that will be one of the gifts I send them this year. I also had her pick me up a Christmas puzzle for my Christmas loving friend to go with her sign. The puzzles were $10 each, which is a good price for puzzles. I will pick them up and pay dd when I am over there in a couple of weeks.

When I was waiting in line to check out at Lowes, I noticed some magazines and one was recipes for cast iron skillet cooking. That gave me an idea for a Christmas gift for dd's husband. He likes to cook with cast iron, so I think I'll get him a cookbook with recipes. 

I didn't end up getting my email reply back to the assessor until this morning as I was busy with  payroll yesterday. It sounds like he's now having to spend Mon-Thurs out in the field. Must be lots to re-assess! haha. I love how he's still trying to justify our increase. His latest was telling me that our neighbors at the end of the street basically increased in total the same as we did (for land and buildings value combined). Them at 51%, us at 52%. I had to remind him, AGAIN, that their increase includes adding TWO detached garages. So, I asked what is just the value you have on their house? What is the % just their house increased, not including the value of the garages? I'll bet it's in the % range as our other neighbors house increased at 18%.

DH was outside cleaning some gutters and heard coyotes, so he's not letting the cat out today. Lot's of very upset and sad meowing going on, LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I placed my TEMU order a few months ago! I bought a few rings for under a dollar! lol They are very pretty and seemed sturdy. I also got the slide in shoes to wear around the yard or near the pool that everyone was reviewing on TikTok. I have to say they are very nice and not cheap looking! And sun catchers to hang in my windows. Stars and moons and crystals on a chain. Super nice! The purse I bought for my grand daughter was terrible though. The bag itself was just ok. The handle looked like it was made out of paper, so it went in the trash. It was around 2 bucks so trash it went. Some other things, like cleaning wands to help with blinds , trash. Not worth the buck they were. But it's a fun experience to try Temu!
    Good luck with yours,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback :) My niece said she has ordered from them like 3 times now and has been happy with the stuff so far. I think my order is supposed to arrive mid next week or so.

      Delete