Sunday, August 20, 2023

Blueberry muffin Sunday

The past week or so, I have been watering my flowers in the mornings instead of the evenings. I don't know why, but it seems to help my back not hurt when I'm done. I felt like I kept busy all morning yesterday, but not sure doing what, LOL. I did get a grocery order figured out and added to my cart, I just haven't picked a day yet and apparently it's not going to be today, haha. So, I will have to either go in later this week, by taking a long lunch or take off work a little early and go in. 

I vacuumed downstairs. DH's den sure had a bunch of cat hair everywhere. I need to vacuum that area more, since he hangs out there a lot. I have an old rocking chair in the corner of my bedroom that the cat sleeps on all night and the cushion gets covered in his fur. The attachment on my Shark vacuum does a great job at getting it up, but it will be covered in fur in no time again.

Yesterday he was chipmunk watching. The chipmunks like the rockery and that's where you usually see them. The bears head is a favorite spot of his to sit.

A few days ago when I was out watering I pulled my calf muscle again, somehow. Just like around same time last year that hurt for months. Until finally I realized it was connected to plantar fasciitis and started stretching my foot and it cleared up. It was hurting a lot yesterday and I even wrapped the heating pad around my calf try to help. DH is like what did you do now? This time I am working on stretching my foot often. So far this morning my calf isn't hurting as much. 

I decided to take a nap around 2:15. Usually I'm awake by 3:30 at the latest. I kept dreaming that I was awake (though in a different place/people) but I couldn't wake up all the way and kept trying to wake up and get my eyes to stay open. Finally I really woke up - it was 4:30. Geez! LOL.

Early evening the winds shifted from east to south and our skies were filled with smoke and the air particle went up to like 168. It's still really smokey this morning. Now the weather alert is for tomorrow. Heavy rains coming from Hurricane Hilary, from California. But, hopefully enough to put out all these fires.

After dh got up this morning I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. While those were baking I descaled my keurig. My options were purchasing a $7 or $8 bottle of solution or just using around 25 cents of white vinegar and some water and doing it that way. Of course you know which way I did it. Now it's all done and the descaling light is out.

I need to check my hummingbird feeders, but I'm pretty sure the last fill up was the last of the season. I have not seen any around this past week and they usually start heading south from our area mid to late August or so. I might fill up one more time today with fresh nectar, just in case there are a few around. 

It's 10:15 and I already feel a nap coming on today. Maybe I'm just tired because I ate breakfast so late, from getting up at like 7:30 and only having a cup of coffee until 10am. That probably wasn't the best thing to do.

I broke another glass. Nothing to do with my hands this time. I had a bunch of stuff in the sink and this kind of tall skinny old glass was out near the edge of the sink where the inside of the bottom of the sink starts to curve up a bit towards the side and as I dumped a big bowl with water out, the water tipped over the glass. I have a mismatched bunch of glasses over the years. 3 different sets now. That one that broke was the last one of a different set of 4. We use a lot of glasses in one day. Well, dh does. I typically use one regular sized for breakfast and a small juice type glass for dinner. DH uses like 2 or 3 big glasses a day. I'm down to like 8 or 9 glasses left, so I think I'll add an inexpensive set from Walmart to my grocery order. What I have left isn't enough to fill up the dishwasher and we are running out before it's time to run the dishwasher and I keep having to hand wash. I'd rather just have enough to be able to run the dishwasher every 2-3 days.

6 comments:

  1. I get sleepy at the wrong times, too, and blame it on food. I do have thyroid issues, so I wonder. And, then I have diabetes. I blame my sleepiness on all sorts of things...lol. I dream I am awake lots. Worst of all, I dream Tommy calls me, saying it is whatever time I told him to wake me. I get out of bed, and he is sound asleep. AND, it is two hours earlier than I want to be up. I dream I am awake, too. But, I never know where I am. I have never been this way about dreaming and sleeping.
    People get sleepy from carbon monoxide poisoning, so I wonder about that.
    That is a cute picture of the cat. He looks fierce, sitting on a bear.
    I use a lot of glasses too, but have been using disposable, looking for a chance to switch to regular glasses.
    Did you make your cake yesterday or wait until today to make blueberry muffins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up making the cake Sunday, after lunch. It was a yummy evening dessert. Yellow butter cake with chocolate frosting.

      Delete
  2. Your baskets and tubs of flowers look really lovely.
    We don't have chipmunks in the UK but I imagine our grey squirrels do a similar job and our cats like to watch them too!
    I'm never able to get past 3pm without a deep doze in the chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where we used to live we had both squirrels and chipmunks, but mostly squirrels. I have never seen a squirrel where we live now, except right in the city.

      Delete
  3. The thing about breaking glasses (in my case at least) is that I never end up breaking the ones I'd be glad to see the back of - just the nice ones! Sod's law I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's true! The ones I still have 4 of are my least favorite, LOL.

      Delete