Sunday, August 6, 2023

A quiet day ahead

The friend and his son decided not to spend the night and drove back home after we got back from dinner. Honestly, we were just as glad. DH can take a day to over do it, like yesterday, but then today he will be wiped out (and tomorrow) so it was kind of a relief that we also don't have to be in host mode this morning and part of today. It does seem they had a good time yesterday. 

It rained most of yesterday, which was actually really nice for a change. It's also supposed to rain off and on today. A little tease that fall is on it's way.

My mom called me again yesterday morning just before 10am. She sounded good and the only strange thing she said was she wasn't sure what was going on (with activities) downstairs. There is no downstairs where she lives haha. It could be some memory from where she lived before, as her apartment was on the 3rd floor.

I'm going to pick up some distilled water for my steam mop. I read that tap water can leave streaks and our water is a little hard. I also feel like 4 years of using that Bona mop solution had to create a build up of it on the floor. It's obviously got chemicals in it. Where else would it go? it's not like you mop with it and then mop over it again with water. I'm also going to order some extra mop head pads.

DH is sleeping in this morning, so that is good, but I'm sure he's going to be pretty wiped out today. Another reason we decided not to go on that little trip to Colorado to meet up with our Texas friends. (that was this weekend). It would have been 2 days of driving, 2 days of busy sightseeing, and 2 days of driving back home. Too much doing for him.

So, I looked at my 401k better and realized I was reading the info wrong. When I log in, the main page has a rate of return and it was showing just over 4%. I thought that was YTD, but it's quarterly, and my actual rate of return YTD from Jan - June was 9%, so that is earning decently. I should also be getting my employer match deposit this month. But for the 2nd year in a row we are not also getting the "profit sharing" contribution we used to get. This is disheartening, again. Just more to eat into my retirement savings goal. 

I don't really have much plans today. I got most stuff I needed/wanted to get done yesterday. 

Ok, I guess I will have to call mom's doctor office in the morning to verify what time the appointment is! I added it to my work calendar and it's showing up on there at 10am....which is 11 my time. But, I have a feeling it really is scheduled at 10 my time. I'm pretty sure I probably put it on there at 10 my time zone, but I'd better make sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment