Friday, June 30, 2023

Short and sweet Friday

My sinus pressure isn't improving much. This morning I took one of dh's claritin to see if that helps. I have never tried that medication before. Not sure I'll see much relief from that today, as from what I read, it can take awhile to start working. 

DH got all his gas cans for the lawn mowers filled up yesterday. Then he went to fill up the truck but it stopped at $175 limit, LOL. But, that should be enough gas to last him for mowing and likely for plowing this winter. He has like 6 5-gallon cans he fills up. While he was filling up I went inside and got a couple of ice cream bars for us to eat on the way back home.

Thanks to Treaders(Anna's) recommendation to watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, I have been watching that and really enjoying it. I just started season 4. Good, funny show and while Midge is the main character, I have to say Susie makes the show. She's hilarious.

Ahhhh, Friday is here. And a 4 day weekend. Thank God.  And it's payday. Hard to believe it's July already tomorrow. 

My mom just called. She hasn't called me in quite awhile (I usually call her) but she sounded really good. I don't know why though, when she calls me she always says she can hardly hear me, so we hang up and I call her right back and the connection is fine. At least her phone has stayed plugged in.

6 comments:

  1. I use Claritin, montelukast by mouth. Nosedrops--fluticasone and ipratropium. Hot cloth over face. I put a swipe of Vicks Vaporub under nostrils. I drink Campbell's chicken broth. It all works. Only the ipratropium and montelukast are prescription. The rest is otc. And, you can take all this at once. If my throat is sore, I eat Ruffles, only chewing them a bit so they scratch my throat and then the salt helps. You can eat any salty thing you wish.
    Do you think your mother might have the receiver backward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of half that stuff! I was thinking that may be what my mom is doing, holding the receiver backwards but she doesn't sound farther away or muffled on my end.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying Mrs. Maisel (it's harmless enough isn't it), but oddly enough Susie was my least favourite character. Good job we're all different isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of friends suggested Mrs. Maisel. May be I should try it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like it. It's on Amazon Prime, 5 seasons

      Delete