Friday, June 9, 2023

3/4 day Friday

Happy Friday. I'll be off work around 1:30 or 2pm, or whenever dd and sil get here. I started work a half hour early this morning, so I won't be too far off a full day ;)  I didn't realize until last night that they were taking today off work and driving over this morning.  I thought they were working and heading over early afternoon. Now I need to figure out what to do for dinner tonight, since they will be here. 

The other night for dinner I tried making a homemade version of Wendy's chicken sandwich. Turned out pretty good! Not as good as Wendy's but just as good, if not better than Chick-fil-a. Dh wanted two, but I had only thawed out 2 chicken breasts. So, I made him that again last night and made him 2 sandwiches and then he says he wants 3. I said no...LOL...two is plenty at one time.

Last night dh says it feels like Friday today, what day does it feel like to you? I said I guess it just feels like Thursday. He of course knew it was Thursday. He did laundry half the day, one of his laundry days is Thursday. He also brought the garbage can back in, as our pick up is Thursday morning. He knows dd and sil are coming Friday. Then this morning, after he'd already been up for like an hour or more (plenty of time to get woken up/get his bearings), he's telling me something and says "well, since today is Thursday..." I said, no, it's Friday today. DD is on her way...So there's another time he's mixed up on his days again.

Now that I'm using Teams a lot to talk with my assistant and for him to share his screen and show him how to do tasks, I cannot figure out my speaker volume. On my computer I have my overall volume set at like 20. This works at a normal volume to listen to any video I play on my computer. I have a webcam with a microphone, which is how I use Teams, but every time I get on a call/meeting, in order to hear the person on the other end, I have to max my volume all the way up to 100 just to hear them. Then I get off the call and forget to set my volume back to normal and at some point I'll hear a loud ding that I have a new email or some other notification noise that jumps me out of my chair because it's so loud. I don't have external speakers, just the speaker built into my pc. I'm wondering if that is the issue somehow? I used to have external speakers, but dh's speakers died, so I gave him mine when I realized I already had internal speaker to use.

My health insurance has a rewards program to earn up to $100 in Amazon gift cards. I spent about 15 or 20 minutes this morning and earned $35. It also says that a wellness visit gets you $25 and preventative tests (ie mammogram, etc) get you another $25 and take up to 60 days after claims are processed. I was in the dr in March for all that, so I'm trying to figure out how to now get credit for those visits and tests.

Dh didn't think he was going to get the lawn mowed today because of how much it rained last night, but it had dried out enough at noon for him to get it done, and he should be able to get it finished before dd and sil arrive. As long as it doesn't start raining again, which weather report is showing a 30% chance.


 



2 comments: