Sunday, April 28, 2024

Slow Sunday

Last night I was watching some Instagram videos. Came across a cute one of a little 6 year old boy being shown, by his mom (dad recording), a picture of a ultrasound on her phone, telling him she's going to have a baby. The boy was so cute and funny. At the end he says to her "you're going to be another mother!". One of the comments on the post just had me laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. "If you have a boy, they will be brothers from another mother". 

I'm trying to type with a cat sitting on my lap. He's not budging. He's not a very loud purr-er, but he's purring. 

Yesterday, I did some laundry, dusted both upstairs and downstairs, but did not make a cake. Mostly because I didn't get any ice cream mixture made up to chill. It has to chill at least 4 hours. I should probably do that this morning, so I can make some ice cream this afternoon. I feel like I did way more than just laundry and dusting, LOL, but I can't remember what now. 

Well, as I was typing this dh got up. I got some breakfast, made up the ice cream mixture to chill, and took a shower and made the bed. I am going to make a cake - just trying to decide which flavor sounds good. This has to be my slowest post to write ever, LOL. I picked the yellow butter cake with chocolate frosting and the cake is now in the oven. Why did I pick this cake mix over the funfetti? - because it was past the sell by date 😂. I'm sure it will be fine. It will be fine, right?!

Now it's time to make lunch already. Lunch has been the easiest thing for the 39 years we've been married. Lunch meat and cheese sandwich. Every. Single. Day. No thought needs to be put into this.

We had the Costco orange chicken with rice again last night. This time I mixed the rice in with the chicken and orange sauce and was able to get all the rice coated and we liked it better that way. I had some leftover plain rice and was going to throw it out, but then realized the chickens would like it and they are happily pecking and eating all the little rice grains.

My mid back has been hurting all morning, so I guess I'm going to head down to the recliner and rest it a bit and watch something on my ipad.

3 comments:

  1. That was funny what the little boy said and the comment. Some days, I scroll through funny videos. Of course, if I let myself, I could spend half a day looking and laughing.

    I made brownies with a two-year-old mix and it did not rise at all. But, the mix was two years old, maybe more. But, we ate it, crunch and all. I usually put a bit more baking powder in the mix. That works.

    Most guys would be screaming for something else. It sounds good to me.

    My chickens loved rice, all the little bites made them happy. Have you ever worn sandals near them and had one peck your toes? One hen took a plug out of the outside of my little toe next to the nail. They loved to get little specks from my knit pants I wore.

    You did a lot of work, so no wonder your back hurts.



    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're having to think up a different main meal each day it's not a bad idea to make and eat the same lunch each day.
    I spent a long time this morning taking up the large rug that sits in front of the couch, beating it clean outside, clearing all the grunge that had gathered under it, then putting it back then giving it a final sponge. Nobody's going to notice how much better the area looks except me!
    Housework only gets commented on when it doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete