Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Huh?

This is how I felt most of yesterday, LOL

My side job boss did put in a ticket for their IT guy to call me. He did and it went straight to my voicemail. What the heck? I called him right back and he said he would work on it and call me back. He called an hour or so later and again, my phone did not ring with his call, went straight to my voicemail. Then I spent a half hour trying to figure out what would be causing this. After his first call I added the number to my contacts, hoping that would let his next call com through. It did not.

Every setting that a google search suggested looking at was set correctly. Then I checked Verizon and saw they were marking it as a spam call with my spam filter. I clicked on "not spam" but it doesn't show it now as not spam and when I clicked on it again and tapped on not spam again I noticed some vague message about this may not update with Verizon. Frustrating. Seems like there should be an easy way (like with emails) to mark a caller as not spam. He will be calling me back tomorrow, so I guess we'll see if it works when he calls next. 

Another "good grief" that happened yesterday was UPS delivered a letter type envelope. It wasn't our normal driver, as he has never ever in his life been here at 11am, LOL. I knew it was coming UPS and saw in my emails that UPS had dropped it off at 10:50am, 10 minutes earlier. It showed a picture of the envelope laying on the gravel, next to our gate. Ok....that is our instructions on where to leave PACKAGES....but this very lightweight envelope with 2 pieces of paper in it could have been picked up by a gust of wind, never to be found again! At least put a rock or two on it, to hold it down. Or walk it in to the dang door, so it can't blow away. Luckily I was checking my emails for something else and saw the UPS email that it had just got delivered. Plus the cardboard like envelope looked like it had been through a lot to get here, LOL. It wasn't completely bent/creased, but part of it was pretty bent up. And the envelope felt damp (it has not rained here in several days and the gravel wasn't wet, at least).

DH got the water filters changed, which I think he does every 6 months. It comes in a pack of 4 filters and I think he uses 3 each time, so I went online to try to remember where I ordered them from before. It was Amazon, but my Rakuten app showed it was cheaper through Walmart with a 6% Rakuten cash back. Plus, using my Walmart cc, I'd get another 5% back, so I got the filters for $35.60 instead of $40.

He also fixed a fender on his car trailer that I think got broken almost 3 years ago, LOL. It needed welding and he finally decided to fix it. He's not a welder by any stretch of the imagination, but he has a small welder and was able to fix it. Then he did his usual - rather than get RID of stuff, he just rearranged it again, to make more room. He did get his big wood table (he made this several years ago) that he uses to saw and cut wood on, over to just inside the large, tall shop door. He also bought some caster wheels to put on it. Then when he wants to do a wood project he can open the big door and roll the wood bench out onto the concrete pad in front of the door. By getting that out of the garage, there is much more room in the garage. Now that it is warmed up, my car is back in its spot in the garage now. He doesn't like to keep it in an unheated garage, when it could be parked in the heated shop during the winter months. 

He did say again last night, that he thinks he will put the rest of the loft ceiling on hold for a bit and his next project needs to be getting the stairs up to the loft built, so that he can get busy starting to get car parts down, to sell. We'll see. I'm likely to have to keep nudging him in that direction, for sure.

I just remembered that today I have a "quarterly" call with what used to be my mom's investment advisor, who I guess is now my investment advisor, LOL. This will be my first, since inheriting the money. Over the past several years the main guy has been training his son to take over, for when he retires and the quarterly calls I did with, then for, my mom were with both of them. Towards the end, the last couple of calls were with the son, only. I have a feeling this might just be with the son now. My guess is this being a smaller (by 75%) account, he will probably handle this one, but I guess I'll see who it is when they call. Plus, it's not an account that is going to grow, per se, since I will have to have it all distributed within 10 years.

The sun is out, the sky is all blue and getting up to 65 today. Even nicer.

2 comments:

  1. This is the fourth time I have come here to comment and something stopped me.

    That's a gnarly rabbit. I hate to get these fixes from the internet about what to do with google. Nothing seems to work. I can imagine how frustrating trying to fix something for work would be.
    I'm with you on the envelope on the gravel. The delivery guy seems a bit short on common sense or customer service. Imagine if that envelope were lost and he showed the company his' proof' of delivery an envelope in the gravel.

    A friend used my saw in my work basement. When it was over, there was sawdust on everything. The thing that upset me most was the sawdust on paint cans around the lid. Plus, he continued to use the table saw in the basement. Using paint after that was a chore. I would imagine the saw would make a mess of his neat basement. Or, does he have a vac attachment to catch the sawdust?

    If you keep nudging him, maybe he can sell some of the car parts. At least he is neat!
    Is the water filter for a whole house water filter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has his old shopvac attached for the dust, so that works pretty well. One water filter is for the whole house and the other is for the shop

      Delete