Sunday, October 22, 2023

Pretty Saturday

It ended up being a pretty busy day yesterday. Very nice outside. We got all the flower pots emptied and put away. I'm still leaving the flowers in the 2 barrels on the front patio, for now. They still look good, though I have no idea how. They are under the patio cover, so don't get any rain and I haven't watered since Labor Day weekend (when I got Covid).

Then we decided to go into town and fill up dh's 6 gas jugs, so we are set with that. Should be enough gas for his snow plowing this winter. Or just peace of mind between now and when he has to start plowing (not likely for at least a month or two). Gas could also be used in our generator. He needed the premium gas w/no ethanol - $4.59 a gallon :(  Town was pretty with all the big trees with fall leaves. We only have firs and pines out where we are, so don't see much fall colors. We took a short drive out to the end of town, where we used to live. We checked to see if our retired friend was home and were going to stop and say hello, but of course he was not home. He is rarely ever home.

Got back home and had lunch and then I took a nap for about an hour. Earlier I had thought I'd better look at that bag of bacon bits and make sure it's still good to use. It was not, so I wasn't going to be able to make the mac & cheese for dinner, so I pulled out one of the containers of the frozen taco soup to thaw.  hen around 4pm dh said lets drive to the city to get dinner and peanut buster parfaits for dessert, so we did that and were back home around 6:15. It was a satisfying dinner (Taco Time LOL) and especially the dessert.

This morning I need to now get in the shower so I can leave about 9:40 to go see my mom and pick up my grocery order. I'll also be stopping at the other grocery store for more of the salmon. They are still on sale, plus more of their frozen burger patties. I need to start buying 2 of those packs, haha. It's an easy dinner and dh really likes having them often. This stores digital coupons also have one for $5 off $50 so that will be nice. I also saw they have Dairygold butter for $2.99, which is a $1 cheaper than Walmart's store brand, so I will get that as well. 

I'm going to take my mom some more tissues. Since it's been awhile since I was there, I'm sure she's either out or getting low. 

It's not supposed to be sunny today, but at least no rain for my trip into the city today.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good trip into the city. The leaves are just so beautiful now. I thought of you today, I set up my new firestick the old one was really just SO slow. Such a big difference, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge difference when I got a new firestick. Wish they lasted longer than a year and a half or two (that's how often I seem to have to replace)

      Delete
    2. OMG I hope this one lasts, it's been sitting unopened for a while, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I have lived in CT and NY back in early 90's. The Fall is stunning in the New England area. On my way back to Istanbul, I am hoping to see great foliage on Friday. Coming up from Antalya, I did see some leaves turning but, mostly I saw evergreens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photos of New England in fall are always stunning. DH said he's glad he doesn't have to deal with all the leaves now, haha.

      Delete