Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Coffee and milk

It was a big delivery day yesterday. I got my Walmart order plus the stuff I ordered on Amazon Prime Day. 3 gifts for dd. A new keyboard for me, as well as some travel compression vacuum bags that were on sale. The keyboard is a quiet one and I'm liking it. Since I type a lot it's nice that the key clicking isn't as loud. Plus I can see all the letters now, LOL. Not that I can't type without looking, but sometimes it's nice to see the letters. A lot of the letters on my old keyboard had worn off.

New coffee tried - it tastes good! I don't know that it is a huge change from my regular coffee, but it has a good flavor. 

Shelf stable milk tried. I tried a small glass last night. It has a bit of a different taste to it. I can't pinpoint what it tastes like, but it's totally fine to drink and I can totally use in a pinch, so I will be glad to have this on hand. Since I have the carton open now and need to use it up, I tried it with my Carnation instant breakfast drink and it is fine. Again, just a tiny little taste of something different, but I don't mind it. I think I'll try a different brand, to replace this carton, and see if there is any difference between the two. I'll have to figure out how much I want to have on hand, since it needs to be used in about 9 months or so. Probably just enough for a week or two, in case I couldn't make it to the store for some reason - a gallon or so equivalent.

I'm still sore from the tending to the iris plants. Not quite as sore as yesterday but it still hurts to bend over and get back up. Would be nice if Amos would quit knocking my pen off my desk, LOL.

6 comments:

  1. If you want milk that lasts a while, you could try Lactaid's milk. I think they sell a shelf stable version, but the normal fridge version also lasts a few months from what I remember. The taste is slightly different from normal milk, but pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually buy organic milk and it always has a very long date, usually like 3 months, so that is great, but I can only fit so much in my fridge per shopping trip and always seem to run out before my next trip. This shelf stable milk will be a good alternative to use to get me by a few more days or so.

      Delete
    2. Ah, that makes sense. We aren't that big of milk users, so we go through about half a gallon every few weeks. We do have shelf stable Oat milk, but oat milk isn't a great substitute for every recipe, so I try to have some cows milk on hand. I know I grew up drinking Horizon Organics shelf stable milk (they sell packs of 12 single servings) and could never really tell the difference.

      Delete
    3. I'm the big milk drinker and go through about a gallon of week, LOL. And dh likes the chocolate premade milk so that takes up room, too.

      Delete
  2. Your shelf milk experiment is fascinating to me. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be nice to know I have some milk on hand, if I run out.

      Delete