Thursday, November 24, 2022

Turkey Day

Here we are for another Thanksgiving. I guess I am ready, LOL. We're leaving in about 30 minutes (9:30) to go get my mom so should be back around 11:15 at the latest. Then I will get the bird in the oven. I decided not to stuff it, so it will cook a little faster. Plus I prefer the stuffing that's not from the inside of the bird, LOL. 

Mom called after dinner last night and finally mentioned Thanksgiving, sort of. She just said something like so you are having dinner at your house this weekend? I said yes and then said we'll be coming to pick her up tomorrow and bring her here for dinner. She tried to ask what time and I just said I'm not sure yet. Then she wanted to pay for dinner, so I'm sure that's what I'll be hearing repeatedly when she gets here. No mom, you are not reimbursing me $25 for Thanksgiving dinner, LOL. 

K was the caregiver on duty this morning and she was kind enough to also give mom a shower this morning (usual schedule is Tues and Sat) since she knew she was coming here overnight. I texted her back thank you for everything!

The bookcase I ordered for my office came yesterday. It fits perfect in it's spot, but I just assumed bookcase shelves were sized/spaced apart to hold normal sized books! I can only put the taller hardback books on the top shelf. I'm still working on it and have a bunch of books in a bin to dig out to fill up the shelves.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

5 comments:

  1. I am quite sure someone mentioned Thanksgiving to your mother, maybe asking her about going to your house. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I hope your mom is ok for the duration and you get to enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Brew

    Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a restful happy day. X

    ReplyDelete