Friday, November 11, 2022

Friday off

I swear, I think I am just ready to be done with computers and tech. My main work/email issue is still not resolved. The other program issue is still not resolved. I have today off, but wanted to do about an hours work this morning for my side job. I go to log in remotely and it won't connect. I give up. I was just logged in there yesterday, no problem, as I was checking on something for side job boss. So frustrating and I don't have time this morning to deal with getting a hold of their IT help, as dh and I are heading into the city in a couple hours. 

I did manage to get one item checked off my to do list this morning. I got some Christmas cards created online (Shutterfly) and those are done. I decided to use the picture we (well, I think my SIL took it) took last Christmas

On the back I just put a photo of dh and I taken this summer and one of our cat. I don't mail out very many cards anymore, so I just ordered 15 cards.

We made the trip into the city. Kinda messy there with snow and messy parking lots. Dh dropped me off at moms - late - I wanted to get there while she was still in the dining room for 15 min or so, but it was 1pm when I got there and mom was just heading back upstairs to her apartment. DH went over to this nuts and bolts supply place to get some stuff he needed, while I visited mom. When we got up to her apartment she of course went right to turn her heat back on (apparently she turns it off when she leaves...) and then she went to use the bathroom (which takes a good 5-10 minutes). I walked over to her heater and she had turned it on to 90! I turned it down to 75 (and even then I was dying of heat). Then while she was in the bathroom I quickly took her bedding off and put on the new waterproof bed cover I got for her and remade her bed. All before she even got done, so she's none the wiser and I didn't have to try to explain why I was putting that on.  Found her keys. Found her tv remote on her dresser (which explains why she hasn't been watching any tv). 

We got all the groceries picked up. I think I have everything I need for Thanksgiving. I bought some rolls from their bakery and will try freezing them. I also bought a pumpkin pie and put that in the freezer, so I don't have to make one. Then we waited in the long line at Wendy's drive thru to get an early dinner. I think it was so busy mid afternoon because today is a holiday. 

Then we facetimed with dd to wish her a happy birthday. She is 27! Yikes. I told her she's old, LOL. She liked the cookies and they all made it in one piece.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! Perfect for a Christmas card! 90 degrees...yikes! Thank goodness for long bathroom use times for your mom so you could take care of getting a few things done without her knowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at 90 degrees, no wonder she falls asleep in her recliner!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful picture for your Christmas card. I don't think I have ever seen an aerial view, so not it is all plain what is where. If your mother ever knows the mattress pad is on her bed, you can just say it has always been there or just laugh it off. Daddy needed the temp up above 80 but he could see the thermostat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Western Montana is all mountains and forest, as we are in the Rocky Mtn range. Now eastern Montana is all flat! In the later years my inlaws kept their home over 80 degrees. It was stifling.

      Delete
  3. Anne Brew
    My parents used to put the heating on when we visited which was a worry - were they turning it off when I wasn’t there?
    Mind you I do it myself now when the grandchildren stay!
    We become our parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had turned it down to 74, haha and was still warm and she thought I was cold, LOL

      Delete
  4. That photo will make the most beautiful Christmas card! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete