Monday, November 14, 2022

I hate ordering flowers

DD just got her flowers and balloons. I really hate how they never look anything like what you think you are sending. Of course she doesn't know that, and while they look ok, they don't look anything like what I ordered and what is all "listed" as in the bouquet. Though of course they have the disclaimer that the local florist may use substitutions. Plus, I really don't feel like the size of the bouquet (from dd's picture) is really the highest priced "premium" size I ordered. A bit disappointing, since they were pretty expensive.

This is what I ordered (plus 2 congratulations balloons):

and this is the specific description the website (fromyouflowers.com) gave:

 Includes:
• Dark Pink Roses
• White Asiatic Lilies
• Lavender Stock
• Green Button Spray Chrysanthemums
• Lavender Sinuata Statice
• Sword Fern
• Huckleberry
• Cylinder Vase

This is what DD got:


Looks like 4 roses and 3 carnations with some other filler stuff, not a cylinder vase (which is one of the reasons I picked out the bouquet, I also liked that style vase). I would be ok with them substituting the white carnations for the lilies, but there still should have been like 8 roses in the bouquet, since I ordered the "premium" size. Just a bit disappointed, overall. I did sent a feedback email to their customer service. I'd hate to see what the "Regular" bouquet looked like in size.

Kind of tired of subpar quality with stuff nowadays, that's for sure. But, of course, these online flower companies don't really know what the bouquet ends up actually looking like, since it gets made by a local florist, so that's part of the reason I sent the feedback email, so they would know. Maybe I'm just cheap but that doesn't look like an $80 bouquet to me (not including the balloons cost).

Anyhow, dd loved them and that we did that to congratulate her on her master's degree, so that's what matters most.

Update: right after I posted this (and had just sent the email to the online flower company) I got a reply back from them, stating they apologize that I was disappointed and are issuing me a 30% refund to my credit card and that they notified the local florist and they apologize, too. I'm appreciate of their quick response and the 30% credit. That amount spent is more in line with what I feel this bouquet looks like.

19 comments:

  1. Oh hell no!!! That is NOT an $80 arrangement!!! I would be pissed! That is one reason I tend to not send flowers much any more. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I don't send a lot of flowers, but this sure didn't seem like an $80 "premium" bouquet to me, either.

      Delete
    2. You really should call that shop in dd's town & talk with the owner. I think you got seriously ripped off! Tell them that the picture you had showed 8 roses!!! NOT carnations! Give them the opportunity to make it right. Hopefully they will. Last Thanksgiving I had 2 arrangements sent to friends - one was suppose to have candles in it. No candles. Called the shop & they delivered a totally new arrangement that same day. So, they've kept my business. If the shop in dd's town doesn't do anything - would review them on-line & tell people - and don't use them again.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, don’t get me started on flowers. I have sent flowers twice this year. Spent almost $100 both times, and was disappointed in both places I used (local). The last time I ordered was for my oldest dd when she got a big promotion at work. My other dd ordered ordered some for her too, but from a place about 20 miles from here, that services our area a couple days a week, and her bouquet was huge compared to mine, and cost a lot less. Lessened learned-do business in a very small town that still tries to provide quality and service.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a local florist who filled/delivered it - so you'd think they would have tried to do better. She doesn't live in a large town, but there are a few local florists, from when I was looking online.

      Delete
    2. The town my dd ordered from was 20 miles from anywhere in any direction, and the population there is probably 6000 lol. They need to keep customers happy or they don’t have a business. They only deliver here a couple days a week. We have 3 shops here in my town, one very expensive and the other two cost about the same, but their arrangements are skimpy and expensive. I did see that Albertsons/Safeway deliver flowers, but have no personal experience. Our Safeway has really nice flowers at great prices, so I may try them next time.

      Diane

      Delete
  3. Were you able to send the picture? Low quality and lesser flowers is why my secret shopper job was even a thing. No roses! They are the star in the first bouquet. My daughter sent me flowers when I got my first BA and maybe my MA, not sure. It was a thrill--getting degree and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did send a picture of what she received in the email, so they could see that it doesn't look like their picture, at all.

      Delete
  4. At least they credited you, but still disappointing. She of course will love the flowers and the sentiment of support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never order flowers online... I always call a local shop and it tends to be 50% cheaper and a nicer arrangements. I also order from Costco... they've always been far superior to locals and ensure the flowers are robust. That bouquet your daughter got is a ripoff - carnations are NOT a substitute for lilies and roses!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a florist local to her who put the arrangement together and delivered it for the online company. It did have 4 roses.

      Delete
    2. I was trying to reply from my tablet and it never works, LOL. It did have 4 roses and 3 carnations, but was supposed to have like 8 roses and 2 lilies, like in the picture. I pretty much feel like it was about half of what it was supposed to be.

      Delete
  6. The flowers your dd received was a definite downgrade but they were pretty & I know appreciated.
    Every time I order flowers I swear I'll never do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had kind of thought about calling the florist in her town that showed they were open on Monday to order directly, but then I couldn't see what it would look like, know what to tell them to make, if that makes sense. I thought ordering from the online florist, at least I could see their various choices and thought it would at least end up close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, I have no clue about flowers so I wouldn't be able to get specific with what I want. When I order, I say surprise me, and that my budget is $20.00 (LOL) but that's only because they have proved trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just another shout out for Costco flowers although I understand that wasn’t an option for you. A couple of years ago we did all my daughters flowers for her wedding from Costco and they were amazing at 1/2 the price. We live in smaller city and over a hour from Costco and they delivered. Both bouquets and huge individual flower types also filler for us to make all the table arrangements wedding arch etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I need to order flowers it might be worth the $60 Costco membership fee! The savings would probably cover a lot of the membership fee. Plus, while I hate shopping at Costco, you can order stuff online, too, with membership, so that might be worthwhile to look into.

      Delete