Monday, November 21, 2022

Starting out the short work week busy

I can tell already I am going to be glad this is a short work week. After waiting for that call Friday for the guy that may be purchasing side job's business, he then sent an email Friday evening with his questions. I answered him this morning via email and also said I'm available for a call today and tomorrow, this week. He then emailed back (this is cc'd side job boss and her dh/the owner) a few more questions. I basically had to answer, no I do not do that function. With my limited hours (at first I said "very limited", but then I thought that sounded snarky) available to X company each month I am only able to do this, along with...and listed the other things I do, which is enter all their financial transactions in Quickbooks, reconcile the monthly bank statements (they have 6 bank accounts! ridiculous!), submit payroll and process monthly expense reports/payments. I work for this company about 25 hours a month (5-6 hours a week). That is all I have time to do for them and that is pushing it. The stupid part is, regardless, you can see what their monthly cash flow is and it's obvious they are making money each year. They also do not have need for a line of credit, which a lot of business's use to operate. 

I'm also sure my side job boss is probably a bit overwhelmed with it all and his questions. Really, she is not at all qualified for the position they put her in, LOL. I love her, but she has zero accounting background and from what I can tell, just muddles along with it all, from the position her dh put in her to manage. Not my problem, so I've never much worried about it. I do my hours for them and what they are paying me to do. Mostly she just does the payables and that is it as far as I can tell. I know she's ready to hand this job/company over, LOL, and ready to retire. (they are early 60's). She would much rather be doing gardening and such. I think her dh putting her in her position was mostly just to give her (them) another salary from the company with a good title to justify the salary. She started out years ago just p/t doing clerical stuff. I'm pretty sure she's still really part time and I don't think she's at the office much.

Well, so far the guy has just been emailing me his questions. I'm not sure why this stuff is important to him, as once he takes over he has his own accounting staff and their processes to record it all, which is probably a bit different. I mean once he takes it over, he's going to do it his way anyway, so how the company does it now doesn't really matter in overall picture. Regardless, the financial numbers are what they are, LOL.

I finally seemed to have gotten my one and only morning cup of coffee down to a somewhat less sugared/additives version that tastes good to me. I'm using the monkfruit instead of sugar and am liking the O Organics vanilla creamer I tried from Albertson's. It's 5 grams of sugar and just organic milk and cream with vanilla vs the creamer I used to buy which had vegetable oil and other additives.  I'm still always having my morning breakfast of Carnation instant breakfast but I have switched to the lower sugar version, so that helps, too.

Well, it's already after noon now and I'm still trying to get this post finished, so it appears this is all I'm going to have time for today. 



 

 



6 comments:

  1. I think many of us are appreciating a shorter week. The monkeys are taking control of the zoos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be glad to have next Monday off, too :)

      Delete
  2. My husband would be in agreement with both you and Sam with regard to a short week. Having worked at the same company that he is at, and a somewhat joined department, I know exactly what he is talking about and they (he and only employee in the Engineering department) were dumped on today with huge time consuming projects for two different businesses who make constant changes on their parts, while they're in the process of getting them drawn our and programmed. It's insanity, if not the monkeys taking control of the zoo. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, the guy will get all his questions answered. At least, you will be off. I know of people who give relatives jobs so the relative a job and to boost ss in retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's why they are doing this with side job boss's salary too.

      Delete