Saturday, January 20, 2024

Welcome weekend

Yesterday was our 39th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special. DH has always had flowers delivered. One carnation for each year. Well, this year no flowers.....he always goes into our little florist shop in town, at least a month or more before and orders them for delivery. A couple weeks ago the floral shop owner suffered a stroke. We honestly didn't figure we'd get them delivered, but then yesterday heard they are still open, but not doing deliveries (we discovered this info around 5pm). Well, you'd think someone could have called to tell dh either his order is being cancelled or if they could still put the bouquet in a vase, he could pick them up. He said he spent $150 for it. Very sad for the shop owner. It sounds like it was pretty bad and I hope she'll be ok.

Today we are going to pick up the urn and death certificates from the funeral home. DH then wants to stop in a florist shop in the city and get me some flowers. We are also going to pick up a grocery order at Walmart, since we will be there. Then on the way home, head back into our town. DH needs to pick up something there, we'll fill up with gas, and I'll drop the envelope, with a death certificate, in the mail to my mom's investment office.

My orange banker's lamp came. I love it. Perfect color. I think Amos thinks it was to match him :)

The weather has warmed up and we will be in the high 30's for at least the next week. That's the winter temps I prefer, LOL. Cold, but not face hurting cold.

I'm going to try a new recipe I came across for a bacon chicken wrap. Looks delicious and looks like something we'd both really like for dinner. And looks fairly easy to make. I may start buying the frozen chicken that is already cooked, for meals like this. Might be a bit quicker/easier for my chicken quesadilla's, as well.

Well, time to get in the shower, since we need to get ready to leave in about 90 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I like the orange lamp, chair, and cat...lol. When you mentioned Amos, I thought he was in the picture. Even after enlarging it, I wondered where he was. Finally, I saw him. Cats have to check out everything!
    That is sad about the florist having a stroke. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You must have gotten married young to be having your 39th already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't get your anniversary flowers but I hope the shop reimburses you. I guess they were too stressed, what with all that was going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Our 35th is today (not too many people get married in January). Hope the florist refunds your money - but $150 for 39 carnations?

    ReplyDelete