Monday, January 15, 2024

Monday off

I haven't made a cake yet this weekend. Mostly because since all the excess Christmas candy and cookies, I'm trying to have willpower and keep away from sweets for as long as possible. But, it still sounds really good, LOL.

I have today off. DD is taking her 3 bereavement days from work, starting today. I'm back to work tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to get myself caught back up. 

My step sister did reply back, that the ph# I have for her is correct and would I like her to give me the other step's phone numbers? I said that would be great, thanks! That was nice of her and I appreciate it.

We played a bunch of pool games, a couple different times, yesterday. I did at least manage to win 2 of them.

It never did warm up to the 8 or so degrees it was supposed to yesterday. I think the highest we got was -1. The past couple of days we seem to be running about 10 degrees colder than the weather app says it is for our area. Usually our outside thermometer is pretty close to what the weather app says. Amos wants to go out, tries to go out, and wants back in 30 seconds later, of course, and then mad about it. 

The other weather related thing, and this happened once or twice before when we've gotten into deep negative temps. Something happens with our propane and hot water. Something freezes outside in the valve or something, so we have no hot water in our shower. We still have hot water in the kitchen, laundry and upstairs bathroom, as those are run off a regular electric hot water heater. So, we'll just let it warm up in a day or two and we should be able to use it again, LOL. Makes us really glad we have the 2 hot water heaters and one of them being electric. 

DH is waiting to hear back from a guy on a big wood slab he has for sale, that dh could use to make the bar countertop in the bonus room. He just needs to know if it's big enough and the guy said he has the slabs at a storage unit, so can't get over there until today to measure. If it works, well, then we may have a 2 hour drive today to pick up! Still haven't heard from the guy yet. The roads are good, it's just ridiculously cold out.

Well, it's almost noon and no reply from the guy with the wood slabs, so even if it's the right length, we're not going to go get it today. We would not want to be driving home in the dark.


5 comments:

  1. I'm just now getting caught up on reading. I am sorry for what you are going through, but I rejoice for your mom and you that this very hard journey is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had that issue on one of the shower heads in our master bath, which was on an outside wall in our farm house. It also happened this week on only the hot water side of our kitchen. The trick is to keep it dripping when the forecast predicts the extreme cold. (Of course, this is the first time we've experienced these temperatures in THIS house, so I didn't realize it )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry for your loss! I hope your Mom is dancing between the stars now ❤️ xo, Ricki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading along the past few days, but finally getting to comment today. Been thinking of you and praying for you. The game room seems to be coming along! I do like the chairs you picked out. Hope things get a little warmer for ya'll soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is 20F right now, so very cold for here. I am glad you now have contacts for steps.

    ReplyDelete