Monday, January 22, 2024

Making progress

Yesterday was a good relaxing day. We played lots of pool. I tried a new recipe for dinner of chicken, bacon, ranch wraps. Very delicious, but hard to wrap and hold together, LOL.  Maybe I need bigger tortilla's. I will definitely make them again. 

The weather is a balmy 36. The chicken's are happier with that.

Small town, word somehow got back to the lady who is temporarily helping out at the town florist shop that dh had ordered flowers we didn't get. The lady called and said she then found it in order book or something. They can do the arrangement of the carnations, but no way to deliver, so dh said he'd be happy to come in and pick it up. It also sounds like the shop owner will not be recovering well enough to run her shop again. The lady who is her assistant at the shop and this other lady have been doing their best to keep it going, while the owner and her family are dealing with this, but I guess the family of the shop owner won't let them use the car that had been used for all the deliveries, so they have no way to do deliveries (unless they used their own car). DH asked her if she thought they could sell the flowers to someone else and if so, it would be ok to do that and consider what he paid a donation to her gofund me, but she said it's not likely they'd get an order for that, so he just went in to pick them up. So, now I'll have 2 bouquets. One can never have too many flowers, right? :)

I also got the call made into the attorney's office who had done my mom's will. After I moved her here, we just had it updated to me as the executor, since it's best to have the executor in the same state where the person lived. She was setting me up with an appointment with the attorney and I thought I was going to have to go into the city for it, so I put it out to next week and after we decided on the date/time she said do you want to come in or just do a phone call? Well, phone call, of course!  So, for now, I've done everything I can do to take care of every thing and will just have to work through the processes as things come up to take care of. I can't imagine this will should be too complicated of process, since she really doesn't even have an estate to distribute, now. But, I'm sure it's still a lot of paperwork and whatnot.

Here is the picture I took Saturday as we were driving into the city with the river frozen along the right of the highway.

Very cold!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you got your flowers again. I wonder if those two employees will run the shop? Are they not insured on the car that does deliveries/ do they not usually do them, I wonder. I love that picture. So glad you can sort all this out with a phone call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one lady has worked at the flower shop before the owner's medical emergency and the other is just trying to help out. The owner's family apparently won't let them use the car she used for deliveries, not sure why but she told dh they could be making a lot more sales, if they could deliver again. I'm sure they'll figure something out. I don't know if I can sort it all out via phone, but at least for this first call, I can. I'm hoping I will be able to take care of most of it via email and mail.

      Delete
    2. I am so curious as to why they won't let them use the car..?? But they obviously are going to be benefitting from the sales made in the interim! I hope a big chunk can be done via email and mail, so many documents are e-signed now etc.

      Delete
    3. I think the owner used her personal car for deliveries, at least she had all the years she's delivered my anniversary flowers.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully, the florist lady want her customers to get the best service. Too bad the people in the shop cannot use her car. If she is going to trust them with the shop, orders, money, she should put them on the insurance and let them deliver, too.
    I am glad things are going smoothly with your mother's estate. It could be a real problem.
    The river picture is really something.

    ReplyDelete