Monday, March 8, 2021

Notary update

Yay! Finally the loan documents are signed and (hopefully) on their way to the lender. The notary guy was kind of a jerk. Not friendly at all. And this guy is supposedly a pastor? We met at this little pizza/bar place attached to the gas station/mini mart. Took about 15 minutes to sign. Not that there weren't any tables we were taking away from paying customers, but I did order a lemonade (mostly so I'd have something to drink and not need my mask on, LOL). Once all signed the guy quickly stuck all the documents in a FedEx envelope, sealed it up and was out the door. He did mention again that he's not sure why they assigned him our job, as he doesn't travel to our area. I said well, you might want to update the online info about your notary services, as it says you do, so that's probably why they asked you to do it.

We got up to pay for the lemonade up at the bar and the lady said "oh, don't worry about it, it was only a $1", but I said no, we used your table, so this guy could conduct his business with us, and dh gave her a $5 bill and said keep the change.

On the way home I said to dh...geez. The guy accepted the notary signing, then says he doesn't come to our area, so we go to his area he does go to. Then he treats us like crap.....all the while WE are paying him for his service. Typical, I guess.

I am signed up with FedEx to receive delivery updates and I can look online to see deliveries expected, etc. The shipping label that he was using to send back is showing "from" my address, so I will be able to track/know when it gets back to the title company in PA.

I'm taking my escrow refund I will get (from my current lender) and the April payment I don't have to make and adding that all to my first payment I will make on 5/1, as well as I'm going to add what I was paying to it as often as I can and try to just keep paying the same payment as I have had.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, how long did this take? At least, it is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The approval/underwriting process took about 4 weeks. Trying to sign the closing papers took 2 weeks. yes, at least it's finally done. I'm relieved and so happy about a much lower interest rate.

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!
    About time. The notary sounds like a real winner. :0~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, relieved it's finally done. For a pastor, he sure didn't display any people skills I could see.

      Delete
  3. I am glad it's finally over. The notary system in the US always baffled me. Over here there are notary offices established as per the size and population of the area and if you are living in a big ciy like I am, there are at least 4-5 offices within 10-15 minutes driving distance. If you are living in a village, you must at least go to the nearest town. US is landwise very big and some of your towns are perhaps too small to justify an office. I also suspect in my country notaries are involved with more transactions. That is why they can only be notaries. They can't have other gigs. It is a 9-5 job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your system makes much more sense! Here, half the time if you need a notary for something small, you can go to your bank and usually there is one. Years ago we had a friend who was one (she worked at a vehicle licensing place) so we'd use her when needed. I didn't even know "mobile notaries" was a business, but the people doing it sure stink at it, LOL.

      Delete