Thursday, December 10, 2020

Telescope update

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Supposedly I was able to order a telescope that will be here before Christmas.  I was looking online at Celestron's website and apparently they sell some directly and not through dealers. It showed they had one of the ones I was interested in, in stock, and said shipping time is typically 3-7 days. But, when putting the item in my cart there wasn't anything that gave info on when it would actually ship or "expected" dates. I tried to call the phone number, but all that was apparently like a 3rd party shipper or something. She tried to transfer me to Celestron's customer service but all I got was a a recording about tech support. 

Yesterday I had put it in my cart and my email address, but didn't pull the trigger because of the above concerns. This morning I got an email from them "come back and complete your order". So, I tried replying to the email, asking if I could verify this is in stock now and would ship out to arrive before Christmas. I really wasn't expecting a quick reply as usually those types of emails don't get answered fora  day or two, but I got a reply right back, that yes, it is in stock and would ship out right away once they get the order, so should arrive in time. 

So, it's ordered! I also took commenter Rae's advice and purchased a stargazing book online from Amazon that at least I can give that to him, along with a note about the telescope, should it not arrive in time.

And both yesterday and today, each time I was online looking to find a telescope I could hear one of the bald eagles out on the river. Then right as I hit submit for the order, the eagle was really chattering. It must be a sign, LOL.

4 comments:

  1. I think a telescope is an excellent idea, especially where you live.
    He should love that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he will enjoy it and also give him something new to learn about

      Delete
  2. That's a very cool gift for where you live especially. I would love to have one too but where I live, I don't think the neighbours would appreciate it. And how can I convince them it is for star gazing only, in a huge city where we cannot even see many stars. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skies here are definitely bright and no lights to interfere, which should make for some good viewing experiences. When you look on a nighttime satellite map, our state is mostly dark, LOL.

      Delete