Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Rejected

Well, I tried to leave a review on Kohl's website for the Shark vacuum I bought. A good review, too! I figured the reviews helped me decide on it, and I'd return the favor. I got an email back from Kohl's that my review doesn't meet their guidelines and will not be published. Geez...what did I say? I read the guidelines, but can't see anything I violated. Then I thought maybe it's because I mentioned my Dyson in comparison, but I went back and read a bunch of other reviews and many mention Dyson or other brands in comparison. 

I copied the review to DD to show her, LOL.

Love it! I've waited to use my new Shark vacuum several times before I wrote a review. I purchased this for the sole reason of the self cleaning brushroll as I have a big black dog with super long fur. With my Dyson I had to stop after each room and cut off all the fur/hair wrapped around the brush. This Shark works amazing! There is none, to very little hair wrapped on it. It's also very lightweight, which is much easier for me to push and carry up and down stairs. The canister is a good size and snaps in and out easily and the dirt in the bin just falls right out when emptying. With my Dyson (that cost twice as much) I had to pull the dirt and hair out of the canister each time as it would stay stuck between the outside of the canister and the cylinder inside. For about the first time ever, I actually don't mind vacuuming now.

She says "oh, I see what the problem is". I'm like ?? what? She said it's probably considered racist - you mentioned a black dog..........God, in this whacko world it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's what flagged it from getting published. Whatever! LOL.

Finally! My mom's social security deposited this morning to her new checking account. I wrote a check from her old account to clear out that balance.  Now that we are set up with her rent being on EFT payments starting next month, I think the money management should get a little bit easier (for me!).

DH put up the little wall heater I ordered (same as we put in chicken coop) inside his small garden shed. We checked our electric bill for last month (with the coop heater going most of the time) and it didn't go up too much. And it's really for just a few months out of the year, so it's manageable money wise for a few extra dollars.

8 comments:

  1. I've had Kohl's reject several of my reviews(good). I no longer even bother leaving one. I don't understand how they decide. Yours may have been too long for them. I seriously doubt it was your mention of a 'black' dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know it wasn't the black dog, we were just joking and being snarky.

      Delete
  2. Well, you wanted to do something nice and obviously their system is stupid I guess. I do rely on comments and reviews when I am making a purchase decision. It is their loss for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to bother trying to rewrite it. Not worth my time. I tried, LOL.

      Delete
  3. I wonder who reviewed your comment. Your mother may fret about her lack of knowing, but at least you know it is being handled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure didn't seem like my review would violate anything LOL. I think my mom will have days she remembers/thinks she needs to check on her banking, but most days she seems to not think about it, which is good. She kind of does the same with her email. Like, I see she has a new email from an old high school friend that came on Sunday, but she apparently hasn't opened her email since then

      Delete
  4. I wonder what they want in a review? Yours is well written, well put together and complimentary. Glad you have one less headache about your mom's banking/rent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beats me. I must have had some "word" that they didn't like, I guess.

      Delete