Sunday, December 6, 2020

Ironing and cash back rewards

What a job it was ironing that shower curtain. I've never ironed pleats on something that large before and wasn't quite sure how to even do it, but I figured it out. It still probably took me a good half hour to do. I hate ironing. LOL. My mom must have hated it, too, because when I was a kid she used to pay me $2 to iron all my dad's dress shirts each week. I got pretty good at it, but still hate ironing. These days, if I wear something that needs ironing I spray it with Downy wrinkle release and call it good.

And then I got it up and decided I should probably just wash it. It's kind of stiff feeling and hopefully washing will soften it up a bit to hang nicer. But then I probably have to iron it all again......

I've been looking for a narrow console table to go at my entryway for quite awhile now. Of course I wasn't finding anything I liked for the amount I wanted to pay. Everything in that price range was manufactured wood. I finally found something I liked.......by adding my original price range and the dollar amount I was going to splurge on myself. I found it on Wayfair, for $257. If I got a Wayfair credit card I would get $40 off a $250 purchase plus 10% Wayfair rewards back towards another purchase. So I did that and got it for $217 and will get back $21.70 in rewards.

I think it will go good with my lodge/rustic decor.  Now I just can't decide which side of the entryway to put it at? The side the door opens or the other side?  We have the door in the middle with a sidelight on each side of the door and a little bit of wall space on each side and then the walls on each side come in perpendicular about 4 ft. Then I need something over it..a mirror? a picture? Then what do I put on the other side wall? It takes me forever (and the budget) to decide things.

I also like that box in the picture and the floor lamp in the background, haha. I'm always seeing the staged stuff in Wayfair pictures and wanting that, but can never find. I've been trying to find a similar floor lamp since I ordered the loveseat and not having any luck....or what I do find is way out of my budget.

As I was online shopping my cash back app always pops up with the cash back being offered and it also shows my current balance of cash back owed to me. It said like $141! I was like WHAT?! I got into my account and apparently when I had to order that Lifelock service for my mom a couple weeks ago it gave me cash back. I was so focused on just getting her set up with that quickly, that I didn't even notice the cash back pop up. The cash back for that $197 purchase is showing at $138! That can't be right. I looked up the offer and it says 30%, but I suppose it could have been a different offer a couple of weeks ago. But 70%?! I'm thinking they've got their % swapped. Guess I'll see if I end up getting it. They only send out payments quarterly and my next check isn't until February. If it's wrong, I still will get $59 (30%), so that's good, too.

I also received another letter from the credit card I closed and it says if my account has a zero balance the $49 deposit will be returned in 2 billing cycles, so I'll just be waiting on that refund.

When I went to get the mail yesterday afternoon I see my neighbor has decorated our 3 mailboxes for Christmas. I totally forgot she does that! It's so cute. This year she wrapped ribbon around the posts and then on the back of the mailboxes put a felt stocking on each one. I sent her a text that they are cute and thank you.

8 comments:

  1. I like the table. I love floor lamps, but I have so many antique ones that I love, that I will never have to buy one again. The cash back deal is great! You can soon have a free piece of furniture. And, I love that your neighbor decorates all the mailboxes. That is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought a floor lamp might be nice next to my accent chair in the loft sitting area, since the only other light is an overhead hanging light. I don't want to spend a fortune, though!

      Delete
  2. It's a pretty table. I've had my eye's out for a floor lamp for 14 years O like enough at a price I'll pay for my living room. I don't need matching to table lamps, but not off putting. Some are just so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how expensive some lamps are. Most likely I'm going to end up with a basic one with a bronzed stand and a cheap shade for $40 off of amazon, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Ugh, I hate ironing with a passion. Unless I absolutely have to, I will not touch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! the spray stuff to remove wrinkles is up there with one of the best inventions ever LOL

      Delete
  4. I never minded ironing at all, even when we were five at home. Now if I could find someone to change the bed linin I would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only part I don't like about changing the bed linen is putting the duvet back in the cover! But, with dogs who like to sleep on the bed, it's so much easier to wash a duvet cover than a quilt or comforter. I would hate having to take a big king sized bedspread to a laundry mat :/

      Delete