Saturday, December 5, 2020

More blessings

Usually, with our annual December company meeting I get to fly back to attend and then I spend the weekend with DD. Don't get to do that this year, which is a bummer. I really don't like these zoom type of meetings. The sound is always breaking up and the screen kept freezing and I several times I completely lost my remote connection and had to log back in. I don't think it's caused by something on my end, as I don't have that issue of getting frozen or logged out while I'm working normally all day with the other programs I use. Every meeting has had these technical issues. I didn't log in so that I was "live". Most everyone at work has a work laptop with a camera, but for me to log in that way with camera and mic I have to use my phone and I didn't want to watch the meeting through my tiny phone screen. Though it is nice to see some of the faces live. It lasted an hour and 40 minutes, but nothing really new learned or any changes on the horizon announced. Basically status quo, for now. They are hoping to start phasing people back to office life in February.

And then shortly after the meeting my boss emailed a list of bonus checks she needs entered. While we didn't meet our sales goal for everyone to get bonus's this year, she did say last week that some bonus's are being given out to a small group. Well, surprise...I am on the list! I am getting a net check bonus of $2000. I really wasn't expecting anything, especially since I just got that nice bonus for the audit completion.  Besides the owners/managers, only 17 out of 55 employees are receiving a bonus. So, I feel really blessed to receive another one. Especially this year. It will be nice to add it to savings for a rainy day. I may splurge on one little gift to myself, but nothing huge - under $100 and I don't know what. Probably some art/picture for empty walls I still need to do. 

Or maybe we we use part of it for a bigger splurge. The area above our tv/fireplace REALLY needs something. Besides the windows/views, it's a huge focal point of the main floor of our house. It needs something that fits with the lodge/rustic decor. I came across this guy that does large metal art of like deer or whatever you want (dh said he'd want an elk). It's metal, kind of rusted looking and some wood behind the cutout of the animal. I think it would look pretty nice up there and it's $450 plus shipping. Still thinking on that one. 

I'm glad the weekend is here. For a 4 day work week it sure didn't feel like one. I'm going to give my new vacuum another spin. I actually now don't dread having to vacuum now because of how light this vacuum is to push/pull and especially the fact that I'm not stopping after every room, getting down on the floor and cutting out the dog hair wrapped around the bar.

I also need to iron my new fabric shower curtain I got for the upstairs bath and put it up.

12 comments:

  1. Any windfalls are nice to have and I feel like I should either save for a rainy day, or see where I can up any support to others. congratulations-a treat for yourself seems reasonable, particularly for your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice :) I work for a great company and have a great boss.

      Delete
  2. Happy for you getting another bonus this year - what a nice surprise. I was wondering which type of Shark vacuum you actually bought as there are at least 2 different ones that have the new roller in them. I'm considering buying one based on your results as we have 4 cats and I have long hair and well, there's hair everywhere. Thanks. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I bought the Shark Navigator Pet Upright with self cleaning brushroll model ZU62. I got it at Kohl's. It was on sale at the time and was able to use 30% off code.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the bonus. That speaks to your work ethics. Deserved!
    I really like the shower curtain you & your daughter chose. Very unique.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a nice surprise! Certainly well deserved. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise to get that bonus. Your boss must really appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great you got another bonus! And, the metal artwork sounds perfect for your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll wait until after the holidays to contact the guy about the artwork.

      Delete