Thursday, December 3, 2020

I got crafty

I got crafty yesterday and re-used some old frames. One was an old picture that had been in dd's room when she was little. One was just an old frame for school pictures. One is from the set of frames I just bought to put my dad's sketches in but the glass was broken on one, so I just used the frame part.

Instant, free Christmas pictures/decor! I used an old Christmas card, a gift bag, and a gift box.


And then, for some reason, a lightbulb went off in my head as I was walking past my staircase railing.......I'm supposed to "fluff" out this garland! HAHA! I used it for 2 years on my porch railing at the previous house and now this is the 2nd Christmas with it at this house....Oh well........maybe next year ;)

Last night I finished up season 3 of Yellowstone. Well, that's going to be a long wait until season 4 next summer to find out what happens after that cliffhanger ending.

I ordered a t-shirt for my SIL for Christmas. He likes to smoke food with his smoker and it was a graphic tee about smoking a pig. The website picture (my dd looked at it to from her phone) shows one of the colors as a dusty/burnt orange. That's the one my dd liked. The shirt came yesterday and it is a super bright orange - like those orange construction type of t-shirts. Ugly. I will not be giving it to him, so I have emailed to see about returning it. Not spending $25 on a bright orange shirt.



 

9 comments:

  1. I've recently found some spare photo frames that look like they have snowflakes on them. Thanks for the idea to put Christmas cards in them - I'm pretty sure I kept some from last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cards, old gift bags or boxes work, too :) I have this large framed picture from my previous decor that dd didn't want and it's stuck in a closet. I keep saying I'll take it to goodwill. Well, yesterday I thought why don't I keep the frame?! Maybe have something printed out that size to put in it. Or even paint the frame. It's a gold color but might look neat kind of white and distressed a bit with the gold showing through.

      Delete
  2. I love the deer print in tartan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, I still have the other (same) side of the gift bag so I'm going to keep it for when I find/get another frame.

      Delete
  3. I have a Christmas Card of Santa framed. I have other cards set aside for framing, too. That is not the orange pictured on the website. Maybe they really do that that orange and you could get it after sending back the bright orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the orange in their photo seems more of a "heather orange", more muted and not so bright. I haven't heard back from my email if they will let me return it.

      Delete
  4. I ordered the same heather orange shirt for my son n law. I returned it for a refund because it was so neon it hurt my eyes. It took 4 emails to the company to get return info. Of course I had to pay return postage. Im waiting on my refund now. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised to get an email yesterday about returning it (only one try). He said to send it back with a note to either refund or exchange. I'll just do a refund, since I doubt the other colors are probably any good either. You'd think if everyone is returning, they'd either fix their shirt color on the website or actually use shirts that color.

      Delete