Saturday, February 16, 2019

Things I'm looking forward to

Whenever we finally get to move into our new house there are of course some things I'm looking forward to!

A bathtub! Gosh, I miss being able to soak in a bathtub.

A kitchen - it will be nice to make a whole meal again with an oven and a sink close by. And a refrigerator to hold everything.

Space......LOTS of space! Space to move, space to breathe, space to store stuff and stock up on stuff. A kitchen pantry. Closets.

I also want to be able to do a little sewing, like for some window treatments or throw pillows. I'm not a huge sewer, but I do have a sewing machine that my mom and gotten DD when she was younger (just a basic Singer model) and we did use it some, but we just didn't have a lot of space when she was growing up to keep a sewing machine out. And the last few times I used it (several years ago now!) the tension was all messed up and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I will have lots of room to set up the machine now for some projects so figuring out the tension problem will have to be first. I know it has something to do with the bobbin....I think.....Someday I'd like to learn how to make a quilt.

Did I mention a bathtub?

_________________________________________________________________

The tape and texture guy still is not done. He left early yesterday afternoon, because he said he needed to go pickup more supplies before they closed and that he was coming back this morning to work today, as he said he has to be done this weekend with this job. So, it's 10:30am and of course he hasn't shown up. Which means he didn't go get supplies, which means he won't be here until later Monday morning now, because he'll have to go get supplies then. (insert rolling eyes)

The garage did get finished painted yesterday by the contractor's guys, so that is ready for the garage doors to get hung next Tuesday.

DH is running out of room to push the snow into piles when he plows. It hasn't snowed for a couple of days, so that is good.

DH and our neighbor have been keeping our little road plowed all the way down to the end lot, where the younger couple lives. Honestly, I'm not sure why they have to do it! It's a long way down there and is wearing out our used quad and overheating it. DH stopped down there yesterday and told her that's about all he can do. She said they have a quad snow plow too, but her DH gets home from work and hasn't felt like putting the chains on it! DH is like well neither M nor I have needed chains on ours.....but DH also told me that he and M plow as soon as it gets a few inches deep, so it's easier to keep up with. Their driveway is deep now! it probably would take chains to get it plowed out.

I get the need to help neighbors and all, but they are making no effort at all to help themselves. He's a young guy - he should be out helping these two old guys! haha.

2 comments:

  1. You will appreciate al the things we all take for granted. I am without an oven right now and all I can think of doing on this snowy Sunday is baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even like to cook and I'm missing an oven. LOL. Hopefully you can fix yours or get a new one soon.

      Delete