Saturday, February 9, 2019

it's a shopping day

Thanks to Sue and Susie Q's comments, I was able to use the Kohl's 30% off AND free shipping code to save on DH's tennis shoes. I got them for $45.50, they are regularly priced $69.  I was just under $5 total to earn $10 Kohl's cash. Well...since it's free shipping, too, I might as well spend $4.50 to get $10 more back (at least that's my logic). So, I scanned the clearance "aisle". I always especially like to see what they have for Christmas decor. I got a cute Christmas pillow, regularly $18 for $5.
Hopefully I can again use the same codes and buy something with the $10 Kohl's cash. There were some cute Christmas bath rugs that were under $10 on clearance, reg. $30.

DH and I got up early this morning and went to the city to do our bi-weekly grocery shopping trip. If it wasn't for milk and a few other things, we could almost make it 3 weeks. Oh well, good to get out of the house, too! We stopped at Home Depot first and got a few things needed.  Then to Target for toilet paper and laundry detergent. DH was like that's all we're getting here? I said yep, it cheaper than the grocery store. He scoffed at me! ha.! So I said, we'll compare prices at the grocery store.  The toilet paper was $1.50 cheaper and the laundry detergent was a whopping $8 cheaper. He believed me, then :)

It's cooold out. It was 2 degrees and really windy on the drive. And getting out of the car to walk in the stores....brrr! that was why he thought it was a waste to stop at Target - because we had to park and walk in the biting freezing wind. On the way out of the city, it was only 10:30, but since he's always hungry he decided to stop at McD's. We didn't realize they don't serve burgers until 11, so DH had to get an egg mcmuffin. It was so cold his car window wouldn't roll down.

On the way back, on the freeway, he was grumbling about a car in front of him who was speeding up, slowing down, then of course when he went in the fast lane (which no one was using as it has lots of snow on it) to pass, he grumbles as the car of course speeds up a bit....as we pass the car I realize it's our neighbor lady!! HAHA! I said "it's L!.....you can't yell at L!"  We got a good laugh over it. He then decided she's quite the Bada$$...being in  her late 60's and driving in this weather. She got home 3 minutes after we did LOL

I watched one of my favorite movies on Netflix last night, while DH was on the phone most of the evening. Billy Elliot. I just love that movie, probably seen it 4 or 5 times now, over the years.


7 comments:

  1. Glad you got your shoes & that cute pillow! Anytime Kohl's has their coupon promo (15-20-30% off) you can google for the 30% off code. I do this all the time. I will order on-line to pick up in store (if in stock). If not I order enough to get free shipping then return whatever I really didn't want. Not a big deal for me as Kohl's here is just 5 miles up the street. But I NEVER buy from Kohl's except with 30% discount. I still have $65 Kohl's cash to use up. If I don't really need anything, I will buy "something" just to use the KC before it expires, then I can return it, get KC back - extends the KC for another 30 days! My husband said "that sounds so exhausting!" ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's smart about extending the KC! my nearest kohls is almost 50 miles so not convenient for me at all

      Delete
  2. Kohl's is not terribly convenient to my house and I never think of shopping there even though they do have some fantastic bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we lived in large metropolitan area I was a mile from a Kohls. They do have good deals

      Delete
  3. I subscribe to the Kraxy Koupon lady. You may want to get her app on the phone. I live close enough to kohls that I do the deals and deliver to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow Krazy Koupon Lady on Facebook. Seems like mostly I see Target deals posted, but honestly I don't really shop at kohls very often since we don't buy a lot of clothes or housewares

      Delete
  4. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. 성인용품창업

    ReplyDelete