Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday morning....and it's snowing again

Well, the taper guy did finally show up at 1:15 yesterday, LOL. He's still not done, of course. He said by the time he got to the suppliers, they had closed early Friday and then he had to wait for someone to come open later Saturday morning. So, apparently he is coming again this morning to finish up today. He says he has about a half day of work left.

But, it's been snowing and still coming down. DH is out plowing again and so is our neighbor. Neighbor is smart - when it's coming down while plowing, he wears goggles! Gotta get DH some, haha. His new balaclava is helping keep his face warm, though.

Yesterday I didn't do a whole bunch. Still trying to get through this sinus thing. I did get our bedding washed up. Why is trying to get the last corner of the fitted sheet on need a person to be an Olympic athlete?! I took a nap, too.

I like never click on those facebook ads that come through my feed. But one caught my eye yesterday. Home decor of signs. I just wanted to see what they have and what the signs said. They had some paper scroll type signs. On sale for $20 (said reg $65) and free shipping deal. Well, I guess I was in a spending money mood because I bought this one:

The message just spoke to me and I wanted to hang it somewhere in my new house. Plus, my "Honey" app did it's magic and found me a 10% off code, so it was only $18. Not sure where I am going to put it, but I'm thinking in the downstairs guest half bath. They had two sizes of scrolls, I actually got the one that is narrower and longer, but showed this one in the picture above, because you can read it easier, haha.

I tried to watch some different stand up comedy shows on Netflix. They had some really funny content, but why they feel they have to throw in the graphic language and sex descriptions, I don't know. Guess I am just too old to enjoy! I don't mind some swearing, but these ladies (and guy) were very funny without the graphic details.  I can remember a long family trip we took in our motorhome to go racing with the kids. I bought a few comedy acts on cassette tape (yes, this was long ago, LOL). I specifically recall us all laughing our butts off to Bill Engvall.

oh hey........the taper guy just pulled in! Wooo. This should be the last day we have to see or deal with him. LOL.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better. Happy last day of the taper guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!This tip might help with the fitted sheet, unless it's just too small. Put the sheet over the first corner, then cover the corner diagonally across from the first one, at the other end of the bed. Then do either of the other corners, and the last will be diagonally across from that. So eg. top left, bottom right, top right, bottom left. I make one of the bottom corners the last, it's easier for me than trying to do the last one at top of bed next to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try that diagonal method next time! I do find the bottom corner last is easier too.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE those verses. Brings me back to hearing my dad preach as he would often use that as his benediction. It is also what he wrote in the cover of a small Bible he and my mom gave me before I left for boot camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice memories! You probably did mention this before, but I guess I don't recall you saying you were in the service? Is that where you learned nursing?

      Delete
    2. I was in the Navy, but got my nursing degree after I got out. It bought me some time to figure out what I wanted to do after high school.

      Delete