Friday, May 17, 2024

I can't find t-shirts I like

Two of my new t-shirts I ordered came yesterday. I guess Hanes brand isn't it, either. While I like the colors and the cotton weight, they are just too tight - all the way from the shoulders down to the hips. All my tees are medium and fit fine, and most a little loose, at least at the waist, where they tend to widen out a bit. These tees are completely straight and narrow. They'll probably end up shrinking, too. So, I guess back to looking for some to buy, again. GRRR.

Our neighbors are out of town until Monday and said a girl is staying at their house to dog sit. But, it's probably going to be that she's just there enough to feed the dogs (and stay overnight) and there's going to be a whole lot of barking going on all weekend. When their peeps are gone, it stresses the dogs out, of course.

When we had our company meeting, at the end of the first quarter, they gave our sales/earnings goal in order to get a bonus mid year. There's 2 parts to it and I see we've met our goal now, for the first part and it's looking promising for the second part, as well. If we make the second goal, I will for sure get 5% of my salary. The other bonus is "discretionary", meaning there is a bucket of funds and the managers decide how to distribute, more based on performance. I've always gotten that discretionary bonus, so it's likely I would again. 6 more weeks - keeping fingers crossed we'll make it. We should make it. 

I sent dd this funny instagram video of "boomers" texting their kids and said "oh, gosh, I hope I'm not that bad and all the comments are hilarious". She replied NO, I am good! LOL, but she said she and her dh have seen this lady's videos before, teasing about boomer parents and every time say to each other that is sil's mom, LOL.  

No plans this weekend. Just looking forward to a 3 day work week, next week. I will probably get online tomorrow and use up the Thriftbooks giftcard dd got me for Mother's Day. My friend we are going on the cruise with texted me that one of the shore excursions we want to do, is now available to book. It's a bear exhibit in Sitka. I had forgotten we still wanted to book that. We've both got it booked now. I think we've now booked and paid all our activities. 115 days.

What a dark gray day it is outside. The wind is starting to kick up, as well. Very gloomy outside.

12 comments:

  1. Try Boscovs They are a PA,NJ store but have on line Their selection is really goid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought some Amazon Basics Tee's with a crew or v neck and they fit true to size and washed up great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking at those and the reviews but a lot of the pics people share, the shirts seems a bit tight fitting. I like them loose. What's your review for that aspect?

      Delete
  3. I used to buy the Hanes v neck, but the past two years noticed that they were made very stingy in fabric. I love St. John's Bay (J.C.Penney) in terms of quality, but this year,except for black and white, I don't like the colo selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric on these Hanes seemed pretty thick, but just too dang tight and slim. Mostly my issue trying to find anything is I don't like any of the colors. I've now realized all the Kohl's "Everyday Tees" I have are no longer being sold, so that's why I can't find them. I have so many in lots of colors I like, but they are all needing to be replaced now

      Delete
  4. Not sure why my comment didn't go thru (new computer - anonymous issue again?). Anyway, apologies if this is a duplicate. Try Costco - their Kirkland t-shirts are just like the ones I get at Eddie Bauer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a look at their shirts next time I'm there. My main issue is colors - I'm not into the basics white, black, navy. I like the more muted and earthy colors

      Delete
  5. I'm a Boomer texter too - my kids think it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine your texts probably are hilarious! LOL

      Delete
  6. Okay, I did not get the boomer text thing. How do boomers text? I don't. I refuse to acknowledge a text. Texting hurts my shoulders and upper arms. Injuries, remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, just a teasing video someone did - like boomers send their kids these short vague texts that are hard to decipher. Many commented their parent thinks LOL means Lots of Love, so they are putting LOL after something serious or sad. LOL! I've always been extremely impressed that my 80 year old uncle texts really well!

      Delete