Saturday, February 22, 2020

Starting the stock up

With the grocery shopping trip out of the way for another 2-3 weeks we have food to eat again. I filled up the pantry pretty good, but still quite a bit of room on the shelves (deep wise) and almost the whole top shelf to use. I added a few things for stocking up. Some more canned veggies, cocoa, and some Bisquick baking mix. I had thought the Bisquick was mix with water, which I thought would be good to have on hand in place of my regular "from scratch" pancake recipe that calls for milk and eggs, in case I was out of them (like a few days ago) but it calls for same. I'll have to see if there is a mix to buy that just needs water added. I'll just use up the Bisquick mix for pancakes now instead of making my scratch ones, if I can find a water only mix to store.

I also added some extra coffee and boxed mac and cheese. I recently switched from having the dog food delivered from Chewy.com to Amazon subscribe and save, kept the last Chewy order at same time I did first Amazon order, so now I have an extra bag (that lasts a month) of dog food on hand, too.

I'm especially liking these little wire baskets hung on the wall for spices and what not
I'm just going to keep trying to add more stockpile each shopping trip. A couple of weeks ago I came across a deal on Walmart.com for 24 Scotch-Brite type sponges for about $10.  Usually they are close to $1 ea, so I am stocked up on those for a good long while.

I also bought a half gallon of Great Value brand strawberry banana smoothie premade to try. I can't find "Simply Smoothies" anymore so wanted to give this a try. YUM! DH loves it too, which means that half gallon I just got is going to last a few days, LOL. It was $3.76 for the half gallon. Buying fruits and yogurt I probably couldn't make smoothies for that price, let alone I don't have the patience to stand there and cut up fruits and make one in a blender every time I want a smoothie.

My new computer being sent from work via our IT group is getting a bit annoying. One of their people called me and took all the pertinent info a week or so ago. She asked me what programs I needed loaded on (none for work, because I actually vpn/remote into another computer at the office that has all I need on it), what monitors I have and what cables, etc. Then Wednesday a different guy from there calls me. They now have the computer and he was getting it loaded with programs for work. I had to explain again that I don't need that. Then he called again yesterday, wanting to know what monitors and monitor cables I have (ok...I already gave all this info), so I looked at the back of my monitors again to get the info. This whole time I'm thinking how long does this take? There is really nothing for them to do on the computer, just make sure the printer cables will work and send it to me. Then the first lady just emailed me asking for my address to ship it to (my boss already gave them the address in her initial email to get me a computer. But, at least they are done with it and finally ready to ship to me.

Well, gotta go put my long undies on and take something out to the mailbox to be mailed, as our mailman comes around 9 or 9:15am on most days.

11 comments:

  1. Oh that computer situation would drive me nuts. It's like when you call up a service organization and end up explaining the same thing over and over and over again, ad nauseum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and we're paying this IT company! not very efficient at all.

      Delete
  2. Yay for stocking the pantry! Always good to find those deals and load up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I need to do some planning and figuring on more what to have for a long term emergency situation

      Delete
  3. After watching the news last night I am not sure how much food I want to store. I don't trust any government to tell us just how bad it is or how bad it's going to be. Just do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do like how your pantry looks! Well done on all that stocking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hungry Jack Complete pancake mix. Just add water or milk. They are pretty good. Great pantry by the way :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Alice - I will look for that next shopping time.

      Delete
  5. Krusteez pancakes are just add water and are wonderful, I also found at an out of the way store their honey whole wheat pancake mix just add water that are really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know - thanks! that's what I should have bought in the first place.

      Delete