Saturday, September 16, 2023

Still recovering

Yay for Saturday and no work. I have Monday off, too. I am hoping to be feeling more back to normal by then, but not holding my breath. At least bread is starting to taste more normal again, so I am happy for that.

We really need to get to the store soon for some more groceries. I'll probably do that tomorrow. I'm getting my list started now. When dh gets up I'll see if he wants to go with me tomorrow or stay home and then decide what time. It's now been 2 weeks since I last got groceries. Not that we ate a bunch the past 2 weeks, while sick, but we're definitely out and low on some things now. 

It's a chilly 48 degrees outside this morning, but supposed to get up to low 80's today. DH is going to see if he feels like mowing the lawn again. I really need to do some vacuuming, dusting, and bathroom cleaning. It sounds exhausting, LOL. 

I've started my Walmart grocery order online. Good grief - my list so far isn't even that long and it's already up to $260.

I got up at 7 this morning, because as usual I wake up and then for some reason just waking up starts the coughing. It doesn't last long, but by then I'm awake. Now it's 8:45 and I'm thinking about going back to bed. DH is still in bed, but he doesn't usually get up until 8:30 or 9 most days anyway, since he is always up past midnight or even 1am.

I watched British comedian Michael McIntyre (probably spelled wrong but I don't feel like looking it up) Netflix comedy special last night. Gosh, he is funny. I had a good laugh watching that. I've seen clips from his tv show (on BBC?) and he's a hoot. Especially when he takes a celebrity's (which I don't usually recognize who they are, at all LOL) phone and send a funny text to everyone in the phone and reads some of the replies.

Ok, I'm going to go back to bed and see if I can fall back asleep. Ugh.

5 comments:

  1. The coughing is the worst. I wake for whatever reason and end up coughing so that I cannot go back to sleep. I just sleep when I can and did not get up until about 3 pm. I coughed all night long, it seems. Food never tasted bad, but as soon as I took the antiviral, my mouth was awful tasting. There is a deep weakness that pervades my body. Thankfully, Tommy goes into stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's odd that you liked Michael McKintyre. We were talking about him on our recent holiday and none of us ladies liked him. Still, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it. And I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess his comedy seemed a bit more "generally" funny. All the comics I come across in the US seem to be extremely vulgar now, or they think their political views are funny.

      Delete
  3. He's not a favourite of mine but I'm totally outnumbered!
    He's immensely popular here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are getting some good rest.
    Take care & feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete