Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Good news?

I have not heard back yet from the assessor when he was here the Friday before last. I keep checking my emails, but last night dh was on the states property website and saw our buildings value has now decreased! With the value they are showing it at now, this is a 21.63% increase instead of a 44.25% increase from our prior assessment. Much better! The land is still the same though and he had kind of made it sound like he could probably adjust the land, too, some. Maybe he's not done yet (and why he hasn't contacted me with his decision?). Our land had gone up 113%, so I'm also really hoping/expecting that to adjust some, too. But, I'm definitely pleased with the change in buildings value.

I made it working until around 3:00 yesterday and then just worn out and took a nap. I made us some scrambled eggs for dinner. There still isn't a lot that sounds appetizing to either of us yet. Honestly, the thing I've been craving is a brownie, LOL. That's the only thing that sounds good to eat.

Yesterday I texted my uncle, as we hadn't checked in with each other in at least a few weeks. I told him dh and I were getting over Covid, but on the mend, and that my mom is doing well. He said he just found out the day prior that he also has Covid. So, now I'm going to worry about him. He's 79 and lives alone. Hopefully he doesn't get too sick (and he is very healthy for his age), but he does have a lot of friends that I know will be checking on him, I'm sure.

DH managed to get the lawn mowed yesterday, but even though most of it is on a riding mower, it was still pretty exhausting for him. We were both pretty worn out by the end of the day.

Well, I have payroll done and in the review process right now, so I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed for the day. I think today I will make sure I take a lunch break to take a nap mid day, rather than trying to make it all day before I stop.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this is a stupid question, but here goes....how do you take sick days when you work from home? I know when my kids were homebound during the pandemic, they were expected to log on to classes virtually even if they were under the weather, which sort of rankled me. Just because you're sick in the comfort of your own home doesn't mean you are fit to sit at a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reintroduce yourself very slowly to a full day's work; this virus really packs a punch even if you feel you've only had a moderate version.
    A half hour on, a half hour off maybe till you feel 100 per cent once more. x

    ReplyDelete