Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Same stuff, different day

I feel like there is something I'm supposed to be doing/taking care of, that I am forgetting. Probably just from Covid and feeling like I lost a week. Hopefully whatever it is I may be forgetting isn't that important.

Still feeling about the same the past few days. Still a little cough, stuffy/runny nose, ears plugged up and still tire easily. I think dh is going to see how much of applying the lawn fertilizer he can get done. He was supposed to do it over Labor Day weekend.

Our accounting assistant sent my boss and I his work schedule with fall quarter classes starting up soon for him. Interesting that he's only showing working 12 hours a week....when my boss hired him she told him we needed him at least 24 hrs a week. Yesterday she told me we'll chat next week about him - probably to see if that schedule will be enough? I wonder if he ok'd this reduction of hours by half with her. 

I don't have much of an update. Just trying to get as much work done as possible and then taking a nap when I'm done. Then to bed around 8:30pm. 


 


4 comments:

  1. I agree with Alice. He is setting himself up to work easy, not hard OR smart. If you keep him on, he will just do poor work until he moves onto the next job. My friend is dealing with this and she JUST got information that if she had known before hiring, the gentleman would not have been hired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss says she's not giving him any more chances or warnings. It will be interesting to see what she has to say about it all next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really doesn't deserve any more chances/warnings, lol. He has not even showed you that he can work 12hrs let alone 24. It's a shame because someone else could have used this job - he was lucky to get in and he has wasted it.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if he thinks he has improved. What are his thoughts and justifications for his actions? It is strange, but giving him so many chances is stranger.
    I have the cough, sneezing, ear problems, sinuses as I recover from covid. I am so tired. Hopefully, this will pass for you and me, sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete