Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Lots of receipts found

I think I have now gotten most of my HSA eligible items w/receipt copies loaded into my HSA expense journal online. This is for 2022 and 2023. So far it's over $725! Other than one dr visit for dh that went to deductible that was like $137 and I had missed recording it last year, the rest is OTC stuff and prescriptions that I never recorded. I need to stay on top of all the OTC purchases. Obviously they all add up! I'm not going to reimburse myself at this time. There is no time limit for HSA stuff, so that is good. 

My dd and her dh leave tonight for their Scotland trip. They won't be back until Oct 6th. I think they are spending like the first 5 days in London and then the rest of the trip in Scotland. I'm sure she will be keeping in touch and sending lots of pictures during the trip. She said they added a temporary international plan to their phones. She also sent us a pretty detailed itinerary, right down to where they are parking their car at the airport, in case anything should happen, we'd know where to find it.

Very chilly out this morning. Started out at 39 and now it's up to 44 and only supposed to be low 60's today. Fall is here. I had to turn the heat on a bit upstairs when I got up to my office this morning. 

I did take some Delsym cough medicine last night and I didn't cough. But, I did wake up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep for awhile. If it's not one thing, it's another, I guess. 

One of the recent times I was at my mom's I noticed I could only find one cardigan type sweater. She likes to wear them over her tops quite often. I thought I had brought at least 2, maybe 3, when we moved her. But, it's so easy for clothes to go missing at these places. So, I just ordered her a new cardigan sweater and also a long sleeved top. Having two to wear should be enough, as long as they don't go missing again.

6 comments:

  1. It was 24 here this morning! I was a bit shocked. It’s supposed to be in the mid 60’s today, but it’s sure taking awhile to get up there. The weather guy said the “S” word last nite when doing the forecast. I’m getting my snow tires on today. We wanted to beat the rush.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a swig of Delsym for a bad cold a week or so ago and I swear I was high as a kite. I kept telling my husband, "I think I'm high!" never felt that before. I can see why people get hooked on that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Practical ParsimonySeptember 20, 2023 at 9:25 PM



    That is really chilly for this time of the year. I quit coughing with a productive cough. The guaifenesin really helps the phlegm leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's starting to get down to 60 degrees in the morning/overnight, but we're still up in the 80s and 90s all day so hopefully fall takes us soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better. I have the sore throat, and a touch of a cough, no doubt brought courtesy of youngest. I haven't done a COVID test. I've had it twice, though, and both times I didn't realize I had it--felt like a mild cold. Then again, I had the vaccine. Timing for being sick is terrible here. Then again, is there ever a good time? I'm hoping this, whatever it is, is mild. But it sure does make a good night's sleep difficult!

    ReplyDelete