Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Work in progress Wednesday

I just read an email from one of the manufacturer's we rep that UPS may be going on strike the first of August, if they can't come to a resolution with the union workers. Guess that ties in with our driver telling us about the $5 an hour paycut. I just mentioned this to dh and he said he talked to our driver again and he said they are close to an agreement, so very unlikely to go on strike.

One of my favorite shows from years ago was Justified. (Timothy Olyphant - enough said). Last night started a new series, set 15 years later. I'm so excited, LOL. I've set it to record (it was on at like 11pm). My SIL is excited too, he really liked that show. I swear dh watched that show with me, or at least watched some of it. He swears he didn't and I showed him some clips and he still swears he has never seen it.  I see that 2 episodes aired last night, so I will have 2 to watch this evening :)

The extra lights I ordered for the shop, underneath the lofts, arrived by delivery truck bright and early this morning. It wasn't even 7:30 yet. Luckily dh was up already, which is rarely ever the case, but he had decided to get up early to wash the truck. He didn't do it yesterday because by the time he was up and ready to do it, it was too hot out.

Usually I work from 7:30 to 4:30 (which is 6:30-3:30 my company time zone). Our "office hours" are 7 to 4. I hardly ever really take a full hour lunch. This week I decided to just wait and start at 8am my time and still be done at 4:30. That gives me a half hour break, if I want to take it. No sense in giving my company more than 8 hours per day. I'm not getting paid for it.  

My ribs hurt! It started on Monday and my only guess is it was from riding in the truck up (and down) that mountain road. At a couple points it was super rocky and bumpy and we were getting bounced around pretty good. That's the only thing I can come up with. I don't know what else would cause this, but it's still bothering me this morning. Weird.

My new steam mop did arrive yesterday. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, but will give it a try soon. I don't have time during the work day and don't feel like mopping after working all day and then making dinner. 

I've tried calling my mom a couple times this week, morning and afternoon, but no luck. I guess I'll have to try early evening. I just hate trying to talk to her then. I'm tired and talking to anyone on the phone, let alone someone with dementia, is not high on my list of something I want to do. Plus, I'll be seeing her tomorrow when I stop in. 


5 comments:

  1. Timothy Olyphant !! He is in this movie called This Is Where I Leave You - just as a supporting actor, and I adore him in it. I hope your ribs feel better - I did some gym work, then walked up and down at a stadium yesterday, so I feel odd as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that movie - I will have to see if I can find it to watch! I loved him in Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of that movie/series or the actor. That must have been some bumpy ride! Hopefully, the hurting lessens. Probably, from here on out, your presence to ensure she looks healthy and well-cared for is most important over talking to her on the phone. Of course, you can gauge her condition somewhat by talking to her. Plus, you can feel close to her. I have a steam mop, but I am afraid it will ruin Tommy's floors or tiles/grout. They are all older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved the first two of Justified! And Timothy hasn't lost that damn charm of his! He is quite smokin'! lol
    Take care,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I watched the first episode last night and will watch the 2nd one tonight.

      Delete