Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Window washing Wednesday

A temporary fix to the flashing cell tower strobe light as well as hopefully a permanent fix. I guess dh had submitted an online complaint for with the FCC before he figured out how to contact the cell tower owner. Thinking it could be weeks or months, if at all, to hear back from the FCC, LOL.  Well, a guy called yesterday afternoon. He looked the tower up and said it's already been reported and they have until August 1st to fix it. Almost 3 more weeks, but better than nothing.

Dh did just get an email from the company that owns the tower. It says they are aware of the lighting malfunction and he's contacting the lighting service team to go out there and fix, but materials for the repair have to be ordered and may take some time to get in stock. Um...if you were already aware of the issue, prior to dh's contacting you, why didn't they get the materials ordered then? Apparently they wait for more complaints, I guess. He said they would also check to see if there is something they can do remotely to turn it off.

Then dh tried moving our patio table with the umbrella over so that the upright umbrella (not open) blocks the sight of the tower from his pillow. Or so we thought. Good grief - it just won't stop! The light somehow makes its way around the umbrella, LOL.

Mr Neighbor did finally mow yesterday, but he's always mowed their front manicured lawn with his walk behind and uses his riding mower for the rest. This time he mowed the front with his riding mower, so I'm guessing he's not feeling well, or something. Still not going to ask if everything is ok, because if they said "oh why do ask that?" we certainly wouldn't want to say well, noticed your lawn....We're not concerned about how their yard looks, but like I said it was more just concern that something is wrong. 

Speaking of yards, I snapped this picture of all my fence line daylilies in bloom, on my way to the mailbox yesterday morning.

DH is having *fun washing windows today.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for a look at your lovely property. Daylilies are such reliable plants, aren't they? I love them, and so do bees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love daylilies, too. 1) because they don't die on me, LOL, and 2) the continuous blooms all summer

      Delete
  2. Your garden looks so pretty. I hope your DH is liking the window washing operation. If it is a hot day, it could be fun to play with water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy yourselves some sleep masks - seriously. This will take care of the extra light. Hubby & I are super sensitive to any outside lights - this has alleviated our problem. Got them on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it doesn't hit my pillow, so I'm good, LOL. I'd probably try wearing one, I doubt he would. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

      Delete
  4. That is a very pretty picture, so neat. I like the drain and rocks and flowers. It is amazing the people with the annoying light are just waiting for people to complain. I wish I had someone to wash my windows. They have not been washed for forty years in this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure at some point, in our older years, we will have to hire someone to wash them, if only once a year.

      Delete