Saturday, July 29, 2023

Damn cat!

My dd and I often start messaging first thing in the morning. Thursday was their anniversary and I knew they had taken a couple days off work. Later that morning I sent a group message wishing them a happy anniversary, but it wasn't showing they had seen the message. My guess is they went on a hike for the day, and yep, they did and messaged when they got back, with beautiful pictures of where they hiked to. Then yesterday morning I was going to message her about something and thought no, they might want to sleep in. I'll wait. Well, a bit later she messaged me, but I had forgotten what I was thinking about messaging her. She said they were both up at 6:30 LOL. They are both used to getting up so early, that 6:30 is sleeping in almost 2 more hours for them.

Dh and I went outside in the backyard for a bit last evening. I'm not sure what time it was, 7:00-7:30ish. Went ahead and let the cat outside with us. We were hearing a couple of bald eagles across the river, sounds like straight across, but could not see them. We were just trying to scan the trees across to see if we saw them. The cat was following us around, being a cat. We went back in the house via the back patio door, with Amos still in the backyard. Around 8 I looked out for him and he was still in the backyard, on the edge of the lawn watching a tree we had heard chipmunks chattering in. Our black dog used to be obsessed with chipmunks - we always referred to them as "chippermonkeys". Around 9 I went out on the patio again to see if the cat was around. No cat. He did not come back before I went to bed at 9:40. He did not come back when dh came to bed at 12:30. He was not at the door when I got up at 1:30 am to check. Damn cat! Finally, at 5:50 this morning I hear a meow outside our bedroom patio door and got up and let him in. He was happy to be back inside. Damn cat! That's the longest he's ever stayed out. We rarely let him outside after dinner, but with it not getting dark until after 10pm I figured he'd be back by then. His typical outside jaunts are usually not much more than a half hour or so. Of course this morning he's just sleeping away...

I'm going to use my new steam mop again today, do the kitchen again and also the upstairs bathroom. I need to vacuum downstairs, too. I'm not sure if dh will be mowing today or tomorrow. We cannot figure out what the heck our neighbor is doing with his lawn. He's basically let the manicured front lawn dry halfway out (their lawn service did come and put something on it a week or two ago). Then a couple days ago he mowed his area on his side of our fence, but he only mowed half of it, LOL. So odd. Still nothing new happening on the other side of us with DAN's lots. Nor has his house for sale been relisted yet. 

We had some decent amount of rain yesterday afternoon, so I didn't water last night, but probably should have watered the pots that are under the patio and garage and shop eaves. I'll get out there this morning, after I have breakfast and water everything. I need to do a full litterbox clean today, too.

My morning cup of coffee has worn off, time for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad something did not carry off the cat! He must hunt all night. At this point, I think I would go talk to neighbor, just being neighborly, not mentioning the lawn. One of them might be ill. DAN is an enigma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, we've just decided to keep our mouths shut with both the neighbors. We will be friendly, as always, but we aren't going to ask them or tell them anything. DH has talked to both of them in the last week and neither said anything about their lawn or health and we're not inquiring anymore.

      Delete