Monday, July 3, 2023

Shopping and mom visit Monday

I headed out at 9:30 this morning. First stop was the grocery store that carries the frozen seasoned salmon filets we like. Out of stock, as it almost always is now. Always lots of the "blackened salmon" but always out of the butter & herb one we like more. Then I stopped in Home Depot garden center and picked up a daylily to replace some flowering plant, that lived like 3 years and then died this year. 

I got to my mom's about 10 minutes later than planned, but oh well. She was sitting with  a small group activity tossing a bean bag into a board with some holes. There was an empty seat on the end next to her so I just sat there and visited in between her turn. There was a lady on the other side of the dining area who was sitting there and just repeating "yoohoo! I want to go to bed" over and over. The whole 30 minutes I was there. Sometimes she'd whistle and then say I want to go to bed. It was like listening to a parrot. 

I went to Walmart and picked up my order. Not long of a wait at all. Then. after I left there, I decided to stop back in at that other grocery store and run in and get a bunch of fruit. Dh's pancreas has been paining him a bit, better he eat that for a few days. I got a big container of 3 types of cut up melons, grapes, blueberries and raspberries. Made him a big bowl of that for lunch, after I got home, rather than a sandwich. I then stopped at Lowes to see if they might have the coiled garden hose we want (Home Depot did not) but they didn't either. I guess I'll just have to order one online. 

I'm working on getting my property tax appeal form filled out. Trying to fit why I think they are wrong into the 3 lines they give you, LOL. I feel like just putting "because you are greedy!". But, I won't....I have comparisons and examples, again, not enough room to fit. Guess, I just bring it all to my hearing, when it gets scheduled. A hearing with 3 board members and I'm supposed to bring 5 copies?

Ok, so tomorrow - I really am going to finally make that cheesecake! And I also got some hummingbird nectar made and cooling, so they can get filled back up.

3 comments:

  1. When I repeatedly cannot find an item, I contact the store and ask when that item is scheduled to be delivered. Then, I go there. It is frustrating to find something sells out repeatedly before I can get there.
    I wonder if that is the only thing the woman ever wants to do? I am glad your mother was having fun. I want a corn hole board myself.
    Of course, I have no idea what your husband needs, but what is okay for his pancreas? I am having a CT, I think, to see if I have pancreatic cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a lady at the place my mil is that is constantly taking off her clothes-all of them if they aren’t quick enough to stop her lol.
    Have you tried winco for the fish? I’ve bought it at the winco here. Not sure where winco is in relation to where you are, but it’s an idea if it’s near your route.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. The property taxes in the US is confusing. If they were charging extra for a second or third home you owned, I would understand it but, this is your primary residence and may be it goes up in value but, as long as you don't sell it why would you have to pay more taxes on it? It's not like your income has increased.

    ReplyDelete