Sunday, July 23, 2023

Slow Sunday

The mid 90's temperature was blown out the door yesterday for like 104. Ugh. Two more days of it and then supposed to get down into the 70s on Tuesday. I hope so. Yesterday small wildfires broke out in quite a few areas in the western part of the state.

I broke one of my favorite coffee mugs this morning. Again, likely from the fumble fingers/hands in the morning. I had set the almost empty cup near the edge of the kitchen sink, to start to make dh's egg sandwich. As I took my hand away from the mug I bumped the handle and knocked it into the sink and broke the handle off. Well, at least the mess and broken pieces went into the sink. But, I'll miss that cup, LOL. Apparently I can buy a replacement one on Ebay for $6.99. I may do that. It wasn't a cup I got with a set. I have no idea where I got it from, but it's a good size. Not too small, as most of my coffee cups seem to be and not too big as a set of mugs I have are. I do have 2 other non matching mugs I like and use along with the one I broke. I know both of these were from dd. One says coffee, in different languages all over it and the other one has the logo of her university she attended.

My new steam mop is great. I used it on the laundry room floor first. It was dirty! Then I did the kitchen and our bathroom floor and also the shower pebble/tile floor. It's easy to use and pretty lightweight and the main part detaches to use as a handheld steamer and has a bunch of attachments. I'm going to try it on the shower wall tiles and grout today. I especially like having that clean, sanitary feeling for the bathroom floor. 

Between the chicken coop cleaning, the mopping and 3 loads of laundry, I was tired and took a good long nap in the afternoon. Having a/c in the house is the best thing ever.

Not much to do today. And that's ok!

6 comments:

  1. What type of steam mop did you get? Can you include an Amazon link if you have one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's this mop: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MSFTF15?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&fbclid=IwAR1py6WyAfOq2adL5lSUUDf8hN18hzo8sGxWP7q4WabeuXxXegY1Y-JA73E

      Delete
    2. no idea why my typing all spread out like that, LOL. It's called "Steam and Go" mop

      Delete
  2. I doubt we will see 70s until late September, if then. I would probably be dead without ac and having copd. I cannot imagine.
    The edge of the counter is where Tommy put sharp knives until I finally convinced him to put them toward the back of the sink. I am afraid I will reach for the counter to steady myself and wipe a knife off and maybe fall on it because I did not get purchase of the counter.
    I really hate to break a favorite dish. Get the one from ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 70's weather will only be for a day or two, but will be a nice little break from 100, LOL. Good idea to keep knives away from the edge of the counter! I'd knock them off, too

      Delete
  3. This heat has been awful. You’re lucky to have 70’s coming. Not here. Oh well, it’s better than the past two summers.
    Use caution with steam mops and laminate. They are not recommended and will void your warranty. My Dh works in the flooring industry, and has told me for years he loves swiffer and steam mops because they are good for his business lol. Here’s a link, but you can google.
    https://shawfloors.com/flooring/how-to/laminate/care-maintenance/how-to-clean-laminate-floors#:~:text=The%20main%20thing%20you%20should,irreparable%20damage%20to%20your%20floor.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete