Sunday, February 21, 2021

Saturday (Night Fever)

Our trip to pick up groceries was uneventful and fairly quick, trying to get home before the predicted snow. We did first stop at Harbor Freight for the 2 kinds of latex gloves dh likes. We haven't bought those in awhile, but I don't remember a box being so expensive and there was a sign there saying something about the price increase due to the shortage or something. And of course dh can't walk through that place without seeing other stuff he wants/needs. He bought 2 rubber mallet type hammers. They are bright orange and I said well, you sure aren't going to misplace those! and I suggested these magnetic boxes they have for the boxes of gloves that stick to side of tool box or something metal. 

While there I got the email from my grocery order and they were out of a couple items, as usual, so next door to Harbor Freight is another grocery store so we stopped in there for those items, and I let dh pick out other snacks to have on hand....which I don't typically buy because he'll complain he's eating too much junk, but then of course when he's shopping he wants to buy them, LOL. We then went and picked up our order, not too long of wait for them to bring it out, considering they looked busy and it was Saturday. But, the guy pulled out one pallet of grocery bins and I said to dh that can't be our order, it's too small. DH got out and asked the guy and he looked and said, oh you're right, there's more. He didn't bring all the dry goods. While he went back in to get that, we quickly got all the cooler stuff put away, which we were going to have to do anyway. Next stop we went through the drive through car wash and then stopped at Wendy's for lunch. I was hungry but rather than end up with a stomach ache after from eating fast food, I decided to try their grilled chicken sandwich. It was pretty good and no stomach ache later.

We got home before it really started snowing, but it hardly lasted very long. Some metal art dh ordered ages ago came in the mail, so he went out in his shop to hang up those. Both were kind of bald eagle/US flag type pieces. Turns out they came from China, LOL. so that is why it took forever to get here. I didn't have the heart to tell dh that's where he bought from haha. The label to mail via USPS covered over the label from the China freight company, so he didn't know. 

I was trying to take a nap. He kept going in and out of the house and the dogs didn't know whether they wanted to nap with me or go see him every time he came in, plus he always has to slam the door. Then I heard some whining that sounded like the neighbors down the street dog. Finally, it was quiet for about a half hour and the dogs and I fell asleep, only to be woken up by my mom calling. I don't think she remembered we had talked a couple hours earlier. The dog whining I was hearing was the neighbor, his little boy and dog came down to use dh's table saw to cut a board, haha.

Since we had a big lunch, dh just snacked on chips and salsa for dinner. Later I had a bowl of cereal and he did too. I picked out a movie from one's I put in my "library" from YouTubeTV and we watched Saturday Night Fever. Then we had disco music in our heads. And I'm still singing "Night Fever" in my head this morning. Can you believe John Travolta is 67 years old now?

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe I am going to turn 54 this year, let alone Travolta's being 67. Lol! Time flies by, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does and sure has a way of making us feel older, haha.

      Delete
  2. Compared to my age when he made Saturday Night Fever, he was a kid! Still is, I suppose. It makes me feel really old.

    I think it is funny the dogs were undecided on nap or husband.

    Since I am allergic to latex, I must buy nitrile. I still have two of the three boxes I bought a year ago, but I am sure he uses more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still looks good. I kind of like his bald look, too. It is nitrile gloves, I saw on the boxes, I just always call them latex out of old habit.

      Delete
  3. Saturday Night Fever! Oh my what a great memory, going to the drive in with my friends to see this. I might have to watch it again.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched the sequel last night for something to do. Not nearly as good, of course.

      Delete