Thursday, November 19, 2020

Window(s) to my world

While dh was putting the cellular shades up in the 3 windows upstairs, the faux wood blinds for his shop got delivered. So, then he installed 6 of the 7 of those, which kept him busy most of the rest of the day. He couldn't get to one window in the corner of the shop yet. There is a big pallet of stuff in the way. He's thinking about rearranging some of his "stuff" between the shop and the garage. He's getting his leftover lumber pile widdled down, especially now that he cut up all the boards for the fence gate. All this, as well as his big table with wood saw, is in one bay of the garage. But the garage isn't heated and the shop is, so to work on the wood projects he wants to do in the winter it would be warmer to be in the shop. So, he's thinking of moving some of the shop stuff over to that bay in the garage and moving the wood bench and wood out to that space in the shop. 

These 2 upstairs bedrooms and my office windows were really hard for me to decide on what to get....hence half the reason it's taken me over a year! haha. Partially, I didn't want to get anything until I had my basic decor decided. Then I struggled because I didn't want curtains/drapes that would cover the nice wood window wraps. Then I didn't want regular blinds that would partially block the views. I ended up going with cellular shades. They can stay up and not cover or block anything and come down when some privacy or less light is wanted. I'm still not 100% loving it, but at least they don't look like bare empty windows any more.

Hard to cover up the view........and if you look down you see the river.....but curtains would probably look better......


There is tv show I have been watching for quite a few years called Heartland. It seems like I've been waiting forever to see when season 12 gets on Amazon Prime. Still nothing. Recently I saw an ad for a 14 day free trial of UP Faith and Family streaming, where all the seasons are available, so yesterday I signed up for the 2 week free trial. I think I have 2 seasons to catch up on now, so I've just been watching it on the ipad mini here at my desk off and on during the day while working. At the rate I'm going, I should get through both seasons in a few days, haha. I put a note on my calendar to remind myself to cancel the subscription when the 14 days are up. Though it is only like $6 a month, or $5 a month if you pay for  year. After I watch this show, I'll have several days left to check out what else they have to offer in the way of shows and movies.

17 comments:

  1. I like the cellular shades. They don't get in the way of anything. I also like the blinds. I also love your furry model that is laying on the bed! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the shades are growing on me and I do think the blinds look good out in the shop windows (better than towels! haha). The furry guy is a big spoiled love.

      Delete
  2. those are some beautiful views. I can see why the window covering is a dilemma. The glimpses of you rhome have been stunning thus far, I am sure you'll make a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I don't have to do anything with all the great room windows. Lol.

      Delete
  3. I know it was hard to decide with those views. When I did not want 5' millwork covered along with the bullseye corner blocks, I used short curtains inside the facings. Those were all lace so I could get light and still see outside a bit. I was right in the city, so I did not want the windows to be where people could easily see inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used cafe style curtains in my master bathroom so they'd be inside the window trim. I just used spring loaded rods so those were weary to install

      Delete
  4. First blog post for me! I love Heartland, too, and signed up the free trial also. Season 12 & 13 are really good! Enjoy! I think I'm on my 3rd - 4th time watching it all! I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I just started season 13 and was thinking about starting over again since it's been awhile since I first started watching it.

      Delete
  5. We lived in a home with similar windows and wonderful views. Our great room had no window coverings and the ones we covered (bedrooms, etc.) had a similar vibe. Gone unless we wanted privacy or coverage. I think those are pretty perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have any window coverings on any of our great room, dining room and even master bedroom that look at the river. I did put some fabric roman shades on the windows on each side of our bed that look to side of house (we may some day have neighbors)and a cellular shade on the horizontal window above our bed. I also put 2 fabric roman shades on the 2 dining room windows that look to side of house. Mostly just for looks and maybe help absorb the sound somewhat LOL. It does sound kind of echo-y since our house is so open, hard flooring and ceiling open to the upstairs in the great room.

      Delete
  6. I am an anti window covering person, unless it is needed for privacy or to keep the cold air out. With a view like that I would have nothing to impede it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. basically the back side of our house is all windows. It took me a little bit to actually realize there is no need for privacy, even with our bedroom LOL. It's just trees and river that can see us ;)

      Delete
  7. Your view is just stunning - I wouldn't want to cover that up either. And I'm not sure what it is but it looks like a chest at the bottom of the bed - also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a small "log" table with the eagle scene woodburned into it (I would love to learn how to do that!). Something for guests to set their suitcase on :)

      Delete
  8. Your shades look great! I would not want to cover up that pretty wood either. I have all wooden like blinds and they are a pain to clean! We are watching Xfiles and even planning to pay season to season on Prime, well halfway through first season the sound was so far off from the action that it was to the point of distraction so i called Prime and got a refund. Now I think we are going to buy all 11 seasons at once and at a discount. I have watched season 1 and part of 2 of Heartland - I love it! We have hard time finding something we both like. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice compliment! We have trouble finding shows we both like. We did like Yellowstone and watched some of the first season, so am looking forward to being able to watch the rest of those episodes. I've never watched xfiles. I should check it out.

      Delete