Friday, November 27, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving

Cuz you know....mom's here and I'm repeating myself LOL😄 Unfortunately I think she might be starting to get a little hard of hearing, so as I told dd,  I'm having to repeat what I repeated! oh dear. Before I left to pick her up I put my "decorative" hand towel that hangs over the edge of my sink in the drawer, so I don't have to hear "do I use this towel?" a hundred times. haha. But, whenever she uses the half bath downstairs she will come out and ask me every time "do you want this door left open or shut". Open please. 

Dinner was good and we have lots of leftovers. The freebie turkey I got (often I get a Butterball) was really good and juicy. I'm glad I decided to make a pumpkin pie, it was nice for dessert in the evening. We facetimed with dd for a bit.

Today we should keep busy putting up all the Christmas decorations and tree. I know she will enjoy helping me with that and it will probably take me today and tomorrow to get it all done, as I now have 2 trees. I still haven't decided now where to put my "smaller" (7.5 ft) tree yet. I think I'll wait and do that one last, and then decide. I don't even know if I have enough ornaments for 2 trees, probably not. If not, I will have to stop at Target or Walmart when I take her home Sunday and get more.

One thing I need to get figured out today, is her new debit card with her new checking.  She had given me the # over the phone a few weeks ago but I haven't been able to get the card to work. I just checked and she gave me the right #. I'm guessing she didn't activate it, so I'll call the bank later and see if they can help me figure it out.

She's in the shower and I walked into the room she's sleeping in and do not see her pill box. I'm freaking out that she forgot it (she told me yesterday morning, when I asked she took her pills....) and I'm just hoping it's in the bathroom, ha! I'll bet it is. Otherwise we'll be taking a drive back to her place.

Well, let the decorating begin!!

10 comments:

  1. That's on my calendar tomorrow. I have a busy four weeks before Christmas and it will be nice to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's hard being so busy during the holidays. Hope you can find a few minutes of down time.

      Delete
  2. I love Christmas dceorations. I am not Christian or anything else really but I love to decorate for Christmas/New Year. I had given up my tree a long time ago but, I would like to get a new one. I think, I need everything that will cheer me up this year. I will take out what I have over the weekend and then possibly go to IKEA for the tree and ornaments on Monday. I have some keepsake ornaments but not enough lights or balls to decorate even a smallish tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you and understand everything you are going through with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do, and I know how much you miss your mom.

      Delete
  4. I have something to do early which will probably wipe me out, but the plan is to at least get the 3' tree out of the box. Sorry about your mother's hearing. Now, if you can get her to stop asking about the bathroom door! At least you solved the towel problem! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has asked me every single time she has used that bathroom, LOL.

      Delete